Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
ok, I am not clearly understanding your case. What exactly is the issue? All your time spent in pakistan is covered but that your isb and pindi PCCs were issued at different dates? Is that what the main problem is?
No that's not the issue. See I had made my Rawalpindi pcc baki in 2012. It was issued on 3rd November 2012. It just states I have been living in Rawalpindi since birth on so and so addresses. Now I got one made for Islamabad that was issued on 3rd October 2019 however it mentions my period of stay from 1st April 2012 so that's basically before the date my Rawalpindi pcc was issued. However my Rawalpindi pcc did not mention my period of stay at the address. So basically there comes an overlap of periods from 1st April 2012 to November 2012. Will that be an issue or can I just explain this in LoE.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
ok, I am not clearly understanding your case. What exactly is the issue? All your time spent in pakistan is covered but that your isb and pindi PCCs were issued at different dates? Is that what the main problem is?
No. The issuance date is not a problem. My pcc from Islamabad shows my period of stay from 1st April 2012.however the one in pindi was issued at a later date than this Ii.e. On 3rd November 2012 but it did not mention any period of stay in Rawalpindi. Just my stay since birth.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
No that's not the issue. See I had made my Rawalpindi pcc baki in 2012. It was issued on 3rd November 2012. It just states I have been living in Rawalpindi since birth on so and so addresses. Now I got one made for Islamabad that was issued on 3rd October 2019 however it mentions my period of stay from 1st April 2012 so that's basically before the date my Rawalpindi pcc was issued. However my Rawalpindi pcc did not mention my period of stay at the address. So basically there comes an overlap of periods from 1st April 2012 to November 2012. Will that be an issue or can I just explain this in LoE.
oh, i see. So the problem is the overlap in dates? the period from April 1st to November 2012 is appearing in both PCCs, islamabad and pindi?

That shouldn't be a problem. It happened with my wife too. I just explained in the LOE. Her problem was that her Rawalpindi certificate had overlap of a similar time frame. It ended in December 2014 (end date) but she had moved to khi with me in february 2014 and her karachi PCC had dates starting from February 2014.

My only concern with your PCC would be that you got it issued in 2012. That is sooo old.

Reactions: haiderijaz

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
oh, i see. So the problem is the overlap in dates? the period from April 1st to November 2012 is appearing in both PCCs, islamabad and pindi?

That shouldn't be a problem. It happened with my wife too. I just explained in the LOE. Her problem was that her Rawalpindi certificate had overlap of a similar time frame. It ended in December 2014 (end date) but she had moved to khi with me in february 2014 and her karachi PCC had dates starting from February 2014.

My only concern with your PCC would be that you got it issued in 2012. That is sooo old.
Thank you so much for the reply. That's a relief. Should I get it renewed then?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you so much for the reply. That's a relief. Should I get it renewed then?
Yes, I would get it renewed if I were you. Don't they have a 6 month validity or something for PCCs from your country of citizenship?

I would definitely renew it to be on the safe side.

Because, one other important thing to notice is that if you have ITA you are already approved in principle. All you need to show is valid documents and your application sails through. The most common reason of rejection (especially from pakistan) is PCC issues. So do get as recent ones as possible.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Yes, I would get it renewed if I were you. Don't they have a 6 month validity or something for PCCs from your country of citizenship?

I would definitely renew it to be on the safe side.

Because, one other important thing to notice is that if you have ITA you are already approved in principle. All you need to show is valid documents and your application sails through. The most common reason of rejection (especially from pakistan) is PCC issues. So do get as recent ones as possible.
I do understand the validity but isn't it an old pcc so why would it need a renewed date. Like for example you left a country say in 2010 and had a pcc back then. So you left it and never went back there. Why would you need a renewed pcc for that?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I do understand the validity but isn't it an old pcc so why would it need a renewed date. Like for example you left a country say in 2010 and had a pcc back then. So you left it and never went back there. Why would you need a renewed pcc for that?
It shouldn't matter, probably, BUT, the biggest issues in applications come up with the PCC. 7 year old PCC sounds a bit much tbh :p.

The problem with PCCs becomes that if they think there is a problem, there is usually a straight up rejection. To avoid any chance of that, i would avoid furnishing anything that seems like it was printed in another lifetime. I think the 6 month validity criteria is there because they want fresh evidence. But you can take a call and go ahead with using what you have. You don't have any issues in the dates, all your dates are covered.

Reactions: haiderijaz

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
It shouldn't matter, probably, BUT, the biggest issues in applications come up with the PCC. 7 year old PCC sounds a bit much tbh :p.

The problem with PCCs becomes that if they think there is a problem, there is usually a straight up rejection. To avoid any chance of that, i would avoid furnishing anything that seems like it was printed in another lifetime. I think the 6 month validity criteria is there because they want fresh evidence. But you can take a call and go ahead with using what you have. You don't have any issues in the dates, all your dates are covered.
I will try and see if I can get a new one :D you know the systems in Pakistan :/

Reactions: smash1984

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019

I got my new character certificate as advised by you. However, this in entirely black and white in its original form. Will this cause an issue?

Reactions: tar86

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone I need urgent help cic send an email to my daughter and ask medical, birth certificate and PCC. I want to ask that I m the main applicant and my daughter is my dependent but they ask her on her email it's like that
"Police certificate required: applicant in Canada and their accompanying family members who r 18 years of age that have resided in ur home country."
I just want to ask that should I have to send PCC for myself as well or it's just for my daughter? Bcoz if they want my PCC why they didn't ask me to submit it? Plz help asap thanks.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi everyone I need urgent help cic send an email to my daughter and ask medical, birth certificate and PCC. I want to ask that I m the main applicant and my daughter is my dependent but they ask her on her email it's like that
"Police certificate required: applicant in Canada and their accompanying family members who r 18 years of age that have resided in ur home country."
I just want to ask that should I have to send PCC for myself as well or it's just for my daughter? Bcoz if they want my PCC why they didn't ask me to submit it? Plz help asap thanks.
Is this exactly what they sent that you posted in quotes? The English looks totally fake. Also check the email address where its coming from. That should tell you if its fake too.

But yes, you should be getting the email and not your daughter.

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Is this exactly what they sent that you posted in quotes? The English looks totally fake. Also check the email address where its coming from. That should tell you if its fake too.

But yes, you should be getting the email and not your daughter.
No it's not fake, sir this email is from cic bcoz they issue a separate UCI and application no to my daughter.
I just want to ask that we r only two family members here in Canada and I m the main applicant should I have to send my PCC to cic or is this email for my daughter only? Bcoz they didn't ask me to submit PCC in my gckey account.