+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
From what i have read, and my own research (I am AOR Nov 7th so all my answers are based on the research i have done) To Date is better. Actually i think to-date is the default end date that the karachi police will give you. I got mine from Karachi as well.
I see, thank you. I would be getting one from there as well. So I guess you mentioned your starting date to be from when you turned 18 or ten years ago, right? Did they accept it? Or should I add a line it is from my 18th birthday onwards?

As for the end date, I know my previous one states to date, but I was living there at that time. For the present situation, I don't know if they would put January 2018, as that was my last day of visit.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I see, thank you. I would be getting one from there as well. So I guess you mentioned your starting date to be from when you turned 18 or ten years ago, right? Did they accept it? Or should I add a line it is from my 18th birthday onwards?

As for the end date, I know my previous one states to date, but I was living there at that time. For the present situation, I don't know if they would put January 2018, as that was my last day of visit.
I gave it from my 18th birthday. Although i could have given for last 10 years. My well above 30 years old so i just went along with 18 years of age.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
I gave it from my 18th birthday. Although i could have given for last 10 years. My well above 30 years old so i just went along with 18 years of age.
Great, thank you for your help! I will also mention it from 18 years of age and indicate it in the form, till January 2018 or to date, as they recommend.

tokyo_123

Nov 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am a foreign national but have a Pakistan Origin Card (not a Pakistani citizen but have the right to stay in Pakistan and have visa free entry into Pakistan, since I was originally a Pakistani but converted to another nationality that does not allow dual citizenship). My Pakistan Origin Card (which is equivalent to a NIC and is used for all legal purposes in Pakistan) has a Karachi address listed as a permanent address. This was my timeline:

Moved to Lahore from home country to study: Aug 2008- June 2012
Moved back to home country: June 2012-May 2013
Moved to Karachi for work: June 2013-March 2015
Moved back home: April 2015
Visited Pakistan post April 2015 around 9-10 times, with the latest visit being in Nov 2018.

My questions are
1) Should I get one PCC from Karachi (for permanent address on my Pakistan Origin Card) or, since technically my home country is not Pakistan, I should get one from Lahore for the period I studied there (Aug 2008- June 2012) and one from Karachi for the period that I worked there (June 2013-March 2015)?

2) How do i include the dates that I visited? (as I have read that this is important to include). Someone advised that I should either get:
a) one certificate from Karachi (as thats the city for my permanent address on Pakistan Origin Card) that covers the entire time period I was in Pakistan + all visits, therefore from Aug 2008-Nov 2018 (and explain it in a letter of explanation that it covers my visits in travel history) OR
b) one that covers Lahore (Aug 2008- June 2012) and one that covers the time in Karachi + all remaining visits (therefore from March 2013-Nov 2018)
c) any other option?

Please let me know as I am very confused since I am also not a Pakistani national and afraid that if I just get one PCC (as most people do) based on the permanent address on my Pakistan Origin Card, it may look wrong as I had changed my base from my home country to Lahore for 4 years and then Karachi for 2 years (and therefore should get one from Lahore and from Karachi). Also confused if visits are a concern for those who arent technically Pakistani citizens too and on which police certificate to include them on (Karachi or Lahore?) if I am getting two and not just one.

saifkk2000

Aug 25, 2017
I don't understand why the certificate needs to be issued from permanent address police station. I mean the majority of us have different current and permanent addresses, so technically we should get the certificate from our latest residence, shouldn't we?
Eg, my father had our permanent address inserted of a village that he hailed from, but we only go there on religious occassions like Eid. How would then that village certificate be supportive of my case when I wouldn't mention that address in the application at all?
From 18 to 20, I lived in City A.
From 20 to 24, I lived in City B.
From 25.5-26.5, I lived in City C.
From 26.5-28.5, I lived abroad City D.
From 28.5 onwards, I am back in city A.

Note:
My permanent city is E.

1. Now can you confirm how many PCCs should I make?
2. I never visited my permanent city E. Is it compulsory to get PCC from there also?
3. If I get only 1 PCC from my current city where I am living now (City A), will it work for me?

AL-01

Mar 7, 2019
I have lived in 3 different addresses in khi since the last ten years. Can i get PCC for only one address , which is the house owned by my parents and mentioned on my CNIC for the last ten years or i should get pcc for the previous as well as current address i'm living in on rent since 2 years?

saifkk2000

Aug 25, 2017
From 18 to 20, I lived in City A.
From 20 to 24, I lived in City B.
From 25.5-26.5, I lived in City C.
From 26.5-28.5, I lived abroad City D.
From 28.5 onwards, I am back in city A.

Note:
My permanent city is E.

1. Now can you confirm how many PCCs should I make?
2. I never visited my permanent city E. Is it compulsory to get PCC from there also?
3. If I get only 1 PCC from my current city where I am living now (City A), will it work for me?
Can anyone guide me for this?

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
I
Then better not to mention that temporary address on the safe side.
I already have check list produced, can I make changes to forms now?

Moreover, the permanent address has always been with NADRA/Passport as both temp and perm of my hometown, mentioned in the PCC. I got it stamped by MOFA as well.

Totally confused.

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
I

I already have check list produced, can I make changes to forms now?

Moreover, the permanent address has always been with NADRA/Passport as both temp and perm of my hometown, mentioned in the PCC. I got it stamped by MOFA as well.

Totally confused.
Well, I don't think address should be much of a concern. As long as you can explain them and all documents are legitimate. There should not be any problem !!!!

jjkayani

Dec 24, 2018
Hi, can anyone clear my doubt on following:

I lived in Islamabad till 2014, I moved to U.A.E after that I visited Pakistan only twice for a week each visit.

Now I understand that I need to get my PCC from 18 years till the time of stay in a address, but do I also need certificate for those two visits to Pakistan which was only for 7 days each visit?