+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
This is confusing for me. CIC doesn't ask for a permanent address which usually appears on our NIC. So lets say that my registered permanent address is my grandfather's home in a different city but I have lived on my own address in another city, would I need a PCC from my grandfather's city as well?
And

I don't understand why the certificate needs to be issued from permanent address police station. I mean the majority of us have different current and permanent addresses, so technically we should get the certificate from our latest residence, shouldn't we?
Eg, my father had our permanent address inserted of a village that he hailed from, but we only go there on religious occassions like Eid. How would then that village certificate be supportive of my case when I wouldn't mention that address in the application at all?
I don't mean to say that you're "required" to get a PCC from district of permanent address. I just meant that it is easier, especially if you've had many temp addresses in Pakistan like I did. If it's easier for you to get it from district of temp address then go for it by all means.

And there is nothing wrong about it either from security perspective because since the introduction of NADRA cards, police completes background check by conducting inquiries on both addresses listed on CNIC. (If and when done properly and genuinely )

aspiringtechie

Mar 16, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
And

I don't mean to say that you're "required" to get a PCC from district of permanent address. I just meant that it is easier, especially if you've had many temp addresses in Pakistan like I did. If it's easier for you to get it from district of temp address then go for it by all means.

And there is nothing wrong about it either from security perspective because since the introduction of NADRA cards, police completes background check by conducting inquiries on both addresses listed on CNIC. (If and when done properly and genuinely )
With this, you are implying that if my registered permanent address with NADRA is in Karachi but I have lived a good part of my life in Islamabad, a PCC from Karachi (with Karachi address) for the whole duration that I lived in Pakistan (Karachi + Islamabad) would suffice. I am not sure if Immigration would accept this because people have been telling me to get it from both the places to be on the safe side.

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
With this, you are implying that if my registered permanent address with NADRA is in Karachi but I have lived a good part of my life in Islamabad, a PCC from Karachi (with Karachi address) for the whole duration that I lived in Pakistan (Karachi + Islamabad) would suffice. I am not sure if Immigration would accept this because people have been telling me to get it from both the places to be on the safe side.
Safe side is always better :). Extra evidence of your innocence and being law abiding citizen won't hurt anyone. Of you can get it easily from both places, then for sure go for it. Even I would recommend and do that.

Bottleneck_007

Apr 16, 2017
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Why would CIC not accept it! They would. Unless of course you mentioned Islamabad as your address in the addresses history.

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
I know about the permanent address, but the question is I traveled for one month to Pakistan and rest 11 months I am in Canada, do I need the Police Certificate for that one month that I stayed in Pakistan as well?

Thanks

Yes, I did a lot of research on it since I am in the US and went back for vacations exactly like you did. My PCC covers both those periods, upto the date of my last departure from the country.

Include all addresses you've lived at permanently. If you went for temporary addresses then we would end up with multiple PCC.

Hope this helps.

nadiakhalid2

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hello
I have been living in the same house since last 20 years (before and after marriage). Also my permanent and current address is same on CNIC. I am the principal applicant. My husband's current address is same as mine but his permanent address on CNIC is from different city. What should he do for PCC as he is living on same address as mine since last 10 years? should he made two PCC, one for current address and one for permanent address mentioned on his CNIC?

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear Members:

I have lived on about 6 different addresses, all within Peshawar since 18. And I have no idea if I can get one PCC for all these addresses or would have to take different PCC from each of the local police station. I think they will issue me a PCC with my current address only. I am really really worried about cic rejecting my application because of not mentioning all the 6 addresses since 18.

Also, my NIC has the permanent address as that of my village, as many other members on this thread do. But would taking PCC from both the permanent and current address not imply that I lived in two places at the same time?

Please suggest. Thanks, and Regards.

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear Members:

I have lived on about 6 different addresses, all within Peshawar since 18. And I have no idea if I can get one PCC for all these addresses or would have to take different PCC from each of the local police station. I think they will issue me a PCC with my current address only. I am really really worried about cic rejecting my application because of not mentioning all the 6 addresses since 18.

Also, my NIC has the permanent address as that of my village, as many other members on this thread do. But would taking PCC from both the permanent and current address not imply that I lived in two places at the same time?

Please suggest. Thanks, and Regards.
It's best to have a PCC for all those places where you have spent more than 6 months
I know it's hectic and time consuming work but on the other hand u won't have any fear of rejection (at least because of PCC) and the fact that it would add a lot more authenticity to your application when the VO is reviewing it

Reactions: omarkhan

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
It's best to have a PCC for all those places where you have spent more than 6 months
I know it's hectic and time consuming work but on the other hand u won't have any fear of rejection (at least because of PCC) and the fact that it would add a lot more authenticity to your application when the VO is reviewing it
Thanks kashif. I guess i dont have much option either.

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello
I have been living in the same house since last 20 years (before and after marriage). Also my permanent and current address is same on CNIC. I am the principal applicant. My husband's current address is same as mine but his permanent address on CNIC is from different city. What should he do for PCC as he is living on same address as mine since last 10 years? should he made two PCC, one for current address and one for permanent address mentioned on his CNIC?
for you, one PCC should suffice since you have lived on the same address and for your husband, following his 18th Birthday, he should arrange PCC for all the places where he has lived for more than 6 months
i know it sounds hectic but doing all this would genuinely show your goodwill and authenticity towards the VO, small things like that put a good impression on the mind of VO reviewing your file. Im sure the last thing you would want is to be rejected because of any anomaly in the PCC's so its best to stay safe

Bashaar

Jun 20, 2017
Wouldn't be wrong because I lived in Canada from
September 2014 till Current
Just went 2 times for 1 month for Vacation.
I completely agree with you in this and I am facing the same problem. I have visited Pakistan numerous times since I left permanently in 2013 to work in uae. Now I got a pcc issued from Pakistan covering the duration until 2013. The last time I visited Pakistan was in April 2017 but if I get a pic issued until 2017 it would state I was residing there till 2017 which won't be correct as I was living in UAE. What do you think?

aspiringtechie

Mar 16, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I completely agree with you in this and I am facing the same problem. I have visited Pakistan numerous times since I left permanently in 2013 to work in uae. Now I got a pcc issued from Pakistan covering the duration until 2013. The last time I visited Pakistan was in April 2017 but if I get a pic issued until 2017 it would state I was residing there till 2017 which won't be correct as I was living in UAE. What do you think?
As far as I have read, you would only require a PCC from Pakistan again if you have lived for more than 6 months after 2013.

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
I agree. I just took police certificate of the last stay even for a month. I don't know how what they can ask for more.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear members: I just received my PCC. have lived on multiple addresses since I turned 18, all in one city, (Peshawar, Pakistan). My PCC runs like this:

"There is nothing adverse/Criminal record against him/her on the record of local police station to date. Further verification on his permanent address maybe asked from home district."

There is no mention of the year from which I am in peshawar, mentioning only "Till date". Is that fine? Or should I ask them to put "since date of turning 18 till present date"

Also, do I need to get the PCC from district of permanent address also, even if not lived there since 18?

Please help.