+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***PAKISTAN*** MAY 2014, SEPTEMBER 2014

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
saver1985 said:
ASA
your right duster i came here in may 2014 i only need letter from my institute proving that i am full time student and i have to submit that letter to CIC and in probably 30 days i will get confirmation letter from CIC... take confirmation letterto service canada office they will issue SIN Number right away.

I said many Tom, Dick and Harrys will have a different view on this. Let me provide evidence.
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2014/2014-02-12/html/sor-dors14-eng.php (This is government link)
This is the LAW. Section 19 (3) clearly states what I already told you guys. Stop confusing people. IF YOU APPLIED FOR A STUDY PERMIT BEFORE JUNE 1ST, YOU ARE UNDER OLD RULES EVEN IF YOUR STUDY PERMIT WAS ISSUED IN JULY 2014.

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
fzrajpoot said:
islamabad buddy
GOTO pims cOURTESY center next to bank in PIMS.. Timings are 09am to 10 pm during ramadan. so you can go after iftar as I did for my family members 4/5 days back.

When you enter PIMS from main gate take first right, and then Take left on the next junction around the parking area.. follow the road to the bank I think it was National Bank but I dont remember exactly and it is very next to courtesy centre. (that is where you will be given yellow card for vaccination, remember you would need your passport to present and to fill that yellow card in so take your passport with you)

Best of Luck... and keep in touch dear I am looking for accommodation to share in Montreal near to concordia.. please do let me know when you have arranged any.. Due to very limited budget I would prefer staying with someone in shared room until I get a job. I am from Islamabad too

fzrajpoot

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
razanain said:
GOTO pims cOURTESY center next to bank in PIMS.. Timings are 09am to 10 pm during ramadan. so you can go after iftar as I did for my family members 4/5 days back.

When you enter PIMS from main gate take first right, and then Take left on the next junction around the parking area.. follow the road to the bank I think it was National Bank but I dont remember exactly and it is very next to courtesy centre. (that is where you will be given yellow card for vaccination, remember you would need your passport to present and to fill that yellow card in so take your passport with you)

Best of Luck... and keep in touch dear I am looking for accommodation to share in Montreal near to concordia.. please do let me know when you have arranged any.. Due to very limited budget I would prefer staying with someone in shared room until I get a job. I am from Islamabad too
buddy do they issue on the spot r take some time?

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Garfieldyo said:
I said many Tom, Dick and Harrys will have a different view on this. Let me provide evidence.
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2014/2014-02-12/html/sor-dors14-eng.php (This is government link)
This is the LAW. Section 19 (3) clearly states what I already told you guys. Stop confusing people. IF YOU APPLIED FOR A STUDY PERMIT BEFORE JUNE 1ST, YOU ARE UNDER OLD RULES EVEN IF YOUR STUDY PERMIT WAS ISSUED IN JULY 2014.
This looks more clear. It means i will have to wait for offcampus work permit :/

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
fzrajpoot said:
buddy do they issue on the spot r take some time?
No that wont take much time. hardly 20-30 minutes I guess..

msamsa

Jul 19, 2014
Generally how long does it take to get the approval of your visa and your passport stamped and back to you after you're done with the medical. My medical's on 1st aug and I want to be there by the 22nd IA. Do you think I could make it?

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
msamsa said:
Generally how long does it take to get the approval of your visa and your passport stamped and back to you after you're done with the medical. My medical's on 1st aug and I want to be there by the 22nd IA. Do you think I could make it?
It varies applicant to applicant.
I was done with my medical on 29th of JAN and got approval email on 14th FEB (Friday) and passport on 17th FEB (Monday).

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Garfieldyo said:
ASA
Ok sir as you say i think CIC call centre agents dont know that rule... you are right we should not confuse people

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
fahad123 said:
This looks more clear. It means i will have to wait for offcampus work permit :/
ASA
fahad when you are coming to canada if you are in toronto do contact me.here the link thanks.
SERVICE CANADA
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml
Study permit issued by CIC. A study permit is acceptable only when it indicates that the permit holder “may accept employment” or “may work” in Canada. If neither of these statements is on the study permit, the international student will need to contact CIC to obtain additional information.

Note:

If a confirmation to work off campus letter is issued to you by CIC, you will need to provide it along with your study permit to apply for a SIN.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp
You do not need a work permit to work off-campus, but you will need a Social Insurance Number. It is your responsibility to look for work. Even if you work off campus, your studies must be the main reason you are in Canada.
Confirmation to work off campus
You may be asked to present a confirmation to work off campus document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) when applying for a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada.

To get a confirmation document from CIC, you must:

have a valid study permit;
have applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
not have a work permit under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program;
have a proof of enrolment from your designated learning institution. The proof of enrolment must include the following:
The official letterhead of the designated learning institution;
The designated learning institution’s name;
The name of a contact at the institution;
Your full name and date of birth; and
Confirmation that you are a full-time student, and
Confirmation that the program in which you are enrolled:
is a post-secondary program leading to a degree, diploma or certificate (ESL/FSL programs and general interest programs are not eligible), or a vocational training program at the secondary level offered in Quebec;
is of a duration of six months or more; and
Note: To facilitate processing of your request, the confirmation of enrolment may also include: the DLI number of the institution; and the position title, and telephone number of a contact at the institution.

submit your request by completing a Case Specific Enquiry form.
To complete the form, you must:
select “International Student – confirmation letter to work off campus” under “Type of application”.
provide your Client Identification Number (UCI); and
upload the confirmation of enrolment from your designated learning institution. Failure to do so will result in your request being refused.
Submit a Case Specific Enquiry form.
Note: The processing time for this request is 30 business days. Completing the form multiple times and/or sending multiple emails concerning the same request will slow down processing.

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
saver1985 said:
ASA
Ok sir as you say i think CIC call centre agents dont know that rule... you are right we should not confuse people
:)

sdhanani

May 17, 2014
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Request
24-06-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-08-2014
fzrajpoot said:
any one know of polio vaccine certificate?
Yeah! Go to any govt. hospital & ask them for polio certificate. They will issue you the card which will be valid for 6 months. Like I have taken from Civil Hosp. Karachi.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
saver1985 said:
ASA
fahad when you are coming to canada if you are in toronto do contact me.here the link thanks.
SERVICE CANADA
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml
Study permit issued by CIC. A study permit is acceptable only when it indicates that the permit holder “may accept employment” or “may work” in Canada. If neither of these statements is on the study permit, the international student will need to contact CIC to obtain additional information.

Note:

If a confirmation to work off campus letter is issued to you by CIC, you will need to provide it along with your study permit to apply for a SIN.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp
You do not need a work permit to work off-campus, but you will need a Social Insurance Number. It is your responsibility to look for work. Even if you work off campus, your studies must be the main reason you are in Canada.
Confirmation to work off campus
You may be asked to present a confirmation to work off campus document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) when applying for a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada.

To get a confirmation document from CIC, you must:

have a valid study permit;
have applied for a study permit prior to June 1, 2014;
not have a work permit under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program;
have a proof of enrolment from your designated learning institution. The proof of enrolment must include the following:
The official letterhead of the designated learning institution;
The designated learning institution's name;
The name of a contact at the institution;
Your full name and date of birth; and
Confirmation that you are a full-time student, and
Confirmation that the program in which you are enrolled:
is a post-secondary program leading to a degree, diploma or certificate (ESL/FSL programs and general interest programs are not eligible), or a vocational training program at the secondary level offered in Quebec;
is of a duration of six months or more; and
Note: To facilitate processing of your request, the confirmation of enrolment may also include: the DLI number of the institution; and the position title, and telephone number of a contact at the institution.

submit your request by completing a Case Specific Enquiry form.
To complete the form, you must:
select “International Student – confirmation letter to work off campus” under “Type of application”.
provide your Client Identification Number (UCI); and
upload the confirmation of enrolment from your designated learning institution. Failure to do so will result in your request being refused.
Submit a Case Specific Enquiry form.
Note: The processing time for this request is 30 business days. Completing the form multiple times and/or sending multiple emails concerning the same request will slow down processing.

Allow me for the further clarifications.

I got my visa before June 1st but I came here in July 2014. So old rules were applied on me. On my study permit, it is written that I am not allow to work unless authorize. I visited service canada office and came to know that I need to apply for "Confirmation to Work Letter". I applied for it as described by @Saver. I upload my LOA, Employment Contract Letter from my uni as I got RA/TA work and my study permit. After 10 working days, I got a refusal letter in respond to that request. It is written in the letter that I also need to upload Enrollment Confirmation Letter as according to new rules, one is authorize to work only if he/she is enrolled as full time in some designated learning institute.

Now as my classes are gonna start from September and I can't get the Enrollment Letter before that, so now I will wait till I enroll in the classes and then will re-apply by submitting a new request.

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
Anybody going to University of Regina?

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
usman_14pk said:
Allow me for the further clarifications.

I got my visa before June 1st but I came here in July 2014. So old rules were applied on me. On my study permit, it is written that I am not allow to work unless authorize. I visited service canada office and came to know that I need to apply for "Confirmation to Work Letter". I applied for it as described by @ Saver. I upload my LOA, Employment Contract Letter from my uni as I got RA/TA work and my study permit. After 10 working days, I got a refusal letter in respond to that request. It is written in the letter that I also need to upload Enrollment Confirmation Letter as according to new rules, one is authorize to work only if he/she is enrolled as full time in some designated learning institute.

Now as my classes are gonna start from September and I can't get the Enrollment Letter before that, so now I will wait till I enroll in the classes and then will re-apply by submitting a new request.
My visa is issued on 23-07-2014 which don't have any notation of "not allow to work unless authorize" therefore I think I don't have to apply for off campus work permit after reaching Canada and enrolling myself for the course. Am I right Usman?