Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Dear friends,

I have been offered a Canadian funded PhD position at the university of Alberta and I applied on 28 April 2014 (21 days ago). Although I did not submit my medical examination report, my passport has been dispatched to the VFS office yesterday and the message says that the case has been processed. This is very unusual. What could be the possible outcome of my application? Has my application been refused or is it a call for a medical examination? Also, is it possible that they have issued me the visa, especially considering my previous international travel history and thus making me medical examination exempt?

I can't collect my passport for the next 5 days since I am extremely busy with my research at a very remote place.

Your comments will keep me going for the next 5 days, so please be generous :)

//Altaf

usman.ahmad3

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
altafhussaine said:
Dear friends,

I have been offered a Canadian funded PhD position at the university of Alberta and I applied on 28 April 2014 (21 days ago). Although I did not submit my medical examination report, my passport has been dispatched to the VFS office yesterday and the message says that the case has been processed. This is very unusual. What could be the possible outcome of my application? Has my application been refused or is it a call for a medical examination? Also, is it possible that they have issued me the visa, especially considering my previous international travel history and thus making me medical examination exempt?

I can't collect my passport for the next 5 days since I am extremely busy with my research at a very remote place.

//Altaf
i am afraid of the decision but no one knows exactly what happened with ur case.
prayers for u dear.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
altafhussaine said:
Dear friends,

//Altaf
sorry bro but there is no easy way to say that but most likely its a rejection.. if u have not gone through medical examination in past one year then there is no way CHC gonna exempt u from medical examination.. So u better be ready..

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I had clearly mentioned my e.mail address in the application. The Scholarship was worth more than $100,000 and I have previously visited more than 25 countries in EU and Asia. My Masters degree is from Sweden and I always obeyed each country's visa restrictions.

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
altafhussaine said:
I had clearly mentioned my e.mail address in the application. The Scholarship was worth more than $100,000 and I have previously visited more than 25 countries in EU and Asia. My Masters degree is from Sweden and I always obeyed each country's visa restrictions.
Even if one has scholarship and funding, one must must show bank statement and property to prove ties to Pakistan.

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Right, if that is the case, I may arrange all that. I did not supply these things as I was never asked for them. Lets hope if still goes my way.

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
altafhussaine said:
Right, if that is the case, I may arrange all that. I did not supply these things as I was never asked for them. Lets hope if still goes my way.
You should apply again. This time use online application and get the medical done before hand. Once you get your passport back email IOM (canmedpk @ iom.int) for up front medical appointment. You will get the visa quickly inshaAllah.

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Sure I will reapply. I was selected for this (only one) position after a very tough worldwide competition.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
altafhussaine said:
Sure I will reapply. I was selected for this (only one) position after a very tough worldwide competition.
is ur family coming with u???

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
no, not at the moment. I have to first find a suitable accommodation for them in Edmonton. I don't know what it all means but I am sure it is something interesting that they have sent me my passport back without asking me for a medical examination.

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013