+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Divorce Certificate Issue----Help----

Leoguy1987

Jul 12, 2019
Hey guys,

Any applicant from Pakistan who had a divorce previously and their eligibility have been approved, please help.

I was sent Procedural Fairness letter with 90 days idaat period issue. I believe the issue is the dates on my certificate. Union council screwed it up. I am in the process of getting it fixed.

In the meantime, I need some help. If someone ho has already been approved and was divorced previously, can share their dates format of divorce certificate. Because it is confusing with the entry date and date of notice and blah blah..

I just want to be on the safe side so If someone can please help by sharing the dates format so I know what exactly the office is thinking here.

Thanks in advance guys.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Hey guys,

Any applicant from Pakistan who had a divorce previously and their eligibility have been approved, please help.

I was sent Procedural Fairness letter with 90 days idaat period issue. I believe the issue is the dates on my certificate. Union council screwed it up. I am in the process of getting it fixed.

In the meantime, I need some help. If someone ho has already been approved and was divorced previously, can share their dates format of divorce certificate. Because it is confusing with the entry date and date of notice and blah blah..

I just want to be on the safe side so If someone can please help by sharing the dates format so I know what exactly the office is thinking here.

Thanks in advance guys.
You were already responded to in another thread few days back. Not sure what else you're looking for...

Leoguy1987

Jul 12, 2019
Yes. You responded.

Its pretty straight forward what I am asking. An example because Union council people are confused themselves and even though they realized they screwed up the dates in data entry, I want to see example (if possible) just to be sure. I have seen some examples of divorce certificates and dates format is all over the place. There is inconsistencies in the format and I am concerned if the officer is pointing to something specific.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Yes. You responded.

Its pretty straight forward what I am asking. An example because Union council people are confused themselves and even though they realized they screwed up the dates in data entry, I want to see example (if possible) just to be sure. I have seen some examples of divorce certificates and dates format is all over the place. There is inconsistencies in the format and I am concerned if the officer is pointing to something specific.
This is how dates look like in mine; clearly showing the 90 days:
Date of Notice for Divorce: 02-November-2016
Date of Failure of Conciliation: 02-February-2017
Date of Effectiveness of Divorce: 02-February-2017

Entry Date: 13-February-2017
Issue Date: 13-February-2017

Leoguy1987

Jul 12, 2019

Thanks, this is helpful. Much appreciated. Just wanted to confirm and make sure there is no room for error.

Reactions: Shehzad.P

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015

thanks for sharing the format.
on my certificate, they have put dates like.....with 110 day difference (i.e. well above the 90 days) between notice and Failure reconciliation; will that cause any problem?? as i see in your dates, there is also a difference of 91 days.......please comment?

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
on my certificate, they have put dates like.....with 110 day difference (i.e. well above the 90 days) between notice and Failure reconciliation; will that cause any problem?? as i see in your dates, there is also a difference of 91 days.......please comment?
90 days is the minimum there should be. So I doubt there will be any issues, you should be good.

l37

May 27, 2017
Should be no issue. I also suggest putting more than 90 days so there is no issue at all.

Actually, per Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961, the divorce is effective "at the expiration of 90 days", so technically it should be 91 days or later for the date of effectiveness of divorce.

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
HI
Should be no issue. I also suggest putting more than 90 days so there is no issue at all.

Actually, per Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961, the divorce is effective "at the expiration of 90 days", so technically it should be 91 days or later for the date of effectiveness of divorce.

Hi

In my case its more than 90 days. its is 4 months. Would this be ok? I think i shouldnt need to change anything except union council ,since they probably has put the date by counting back 90s days. I have provided them khula decree and in the decree the date mentioned for the first notice was with the gap of 4 months which would be in anyway close to 120 days.

Union council made a lots of mistakes, first they misspelled the name and now the dates.

Can anyone reply this much gap should be ok?

Bilal721

Dec 19, 2020
I am in the same situation. UC have screwed it up. This is a Talaq case where I have given divorce to my wife on stamped paper.
3 divorce notices which were sent to UC had dates of 24 August, 24 Sept, 24 October.
I am trying to get notices of reconciliation fixed for my case. Can someone tell me the dates that should be mentioned on 3 reconciliation notices that UC sends out?

Also, below are the dates on my certificate. I know I need to get effectiveness date fixed by making it 24 November, 2021. Do I also have to fix the date of failure of conciliation? what should be the new dates?

Date of Notice for Divorce: 24 August, 2021
Date of Failure of Conciliation: 23 -October-2021
Date of Effectiveness of Divorce: 24-October-2021

Entry Date: 24-August-2021
Issue Date: 15-January-2022

Thank you for all your time and help.