+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Applicants Waiting For *Medical Request*...

Usman799

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
There may be some delay due to background checks. All cases are not similar. Have you emailed them?
Yes, I e-mail them on 15th March after 20 days of processing date in my E-CAS i.e 15th Feb and got reply "Your file is in In Process or waiting to be reviewed". They did not mentioned any Background Checks undergoing. Shall I write them again or wait some more time. Its been 6 weeks till date but no reply.

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
cocknbull said:
Dear All!

Very important news published in today's daily jang. I couldn't copy paste the news from urdu. Please see the link. Canada will now verify degrees of all immigrants before they come to canada. Thanks

http://jang.com.pk/jang/mar2012-daily/30-03-2012/dunia.htm
This is policy announcement is an year old now because i had read the same details on the CIC website last year in June when new NOCs were included.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
This is policy announcement is an year old now because i had read the same details on the CIC website last year in June when new NOCs were included.
Is it? Can you please provide the text and link? Thanks

Usman799

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
I this policy come into effect, would it assess credentials before immigration process, After Visa Issuance or at any time.

Usman799

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
Is it? Can you please provide the text and link? Thanks
Yes buddy, I second Hinna.I also red about the credentials assessment pogrom. In which they initially took very few NOCs, the only NOC i Know is NOC 1111 barbecue its mine.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usman799 said:
Yes buddy, I second Hinna.I also red about the credentials assessment pogrom. In which they initially took very few NOCs, the only NOC i Know is NOC 1111 barbecue its mine.
Dear if you read the news it says degrees will be verified. Please read in urdu (asnad kee partal kee jayegee).

You may be right but then news is wrong. Thanks

saimahuz

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-04-2011
File Transfer...
IP-03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
cocknbull said:
Dear if you read the news it says degrees will be verified. Please read in urdu (asnad kee partal kee jayegee).

News Release – Minister Kenney proposes to assess foreign education credentials before skilled workers arrive

Subscribe
RSS
Email

Ottawa, March 28, 2012 – Canada is proposing a major change to how foreign skilled workers’ education credentials are assessed, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

The proposed new requirement would mean that applicants wanting to immigrate as Federal Skilled Workers would have their foreign education credentials assessed and verified by designated organizations before they arrive in Canada.

“Our Government is building an immigration system that is focused on economic growth and ensuring that all Canadians, including immigrants, are able to contribute to their maximum capacity,” said Jason Kenney. “By having their foreign education credentials assessed before their arrival to Canada, foreign skilled workers will have a better sense of how their credentials fit into the Canadian labour market and will be able to contribute their full skill set to the economy more quickly. This proposal is part of a broader package of transformational changes that will make Canada’s immigration policies work better for the Canadian economy.”

A pre-arrival assessment would let applicants know how their education credentials compare to Canadian credentials and it will give immigrants a sense of how Canadian employers are likely to value their education. This will also screen out people without proper education levels and is an important step in helping to address the problem of immigrants arriving and not being able to work in their field.

The assessment of international educational credentials would not mean that Federal Skilled Workers would automatically find employment in Canada commensurate with their skills nor would it guarantee that they would become licensed to practice in a regulated occupation. Applicants who intend to work in a regulated profession would likely need to have their qualifications assessed in greater depth for purposes of licensure by a regulatory body specific to their profession and intended province of work.

“Internationally trained workers make an important contribution to Canada’s job market and the economy,” added Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development. “That’s why our Government is working in partnership to improve foreign credential recognition so that skilled newcomers can put their knowledge and skills to work sooner.”

Minister Kenney also used the occasion to release the 2011 Government of Canada Progress Report on Foreign Credential Recognition, Strengthening Canada’s Economy. The annual report, led by the Foreign Credentials Referral Office, highlights achievements made by Citizenship and Immigration Canada , Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, and Health Canada to help foreign trained individuals integrate into the Canadian workforce.

Highlights of the report include:

expansion of the Canadian Immigration Integration Program (CIIP), which is designed and managed by the Association of Canadian Community Colleges. CIIP currently offers pre-arrival orientation sessions in up to 25 countries, based on demand;
an innovative assessment and bridging program to help internationally educated nurses meet regulatory requirements for licensure across Canada; and
the launch of the International Qualifications Network Website for stakeholders to share information and best practices in credential assessment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-28.asp

K

K_S

Usman799 said:
Yes, I e-mail them on 15th March after 20 days of processing date in my E-CAS i.e 15th Feb and got reply "Your file is in In Process or waiting to be reviewed". They did not mentioned any Background Checks undergoing. Shall I write them again or wait some more time. Its been 6 weeks till date but no reply.
I think you may expect medicals in Up coming Quarter. May be in 1st quarter they are targeting for medical issuance to people related to Finance, Computer field, Lecturers or doctors.... Other NOCs hopefully get medicals in 2nd quarter.

best wishes

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saimahuz said:
News Release – Minister Kenney proposes to assess foreign education credentials before skilled workers arrive

Subscribe
RSS
Email

Ottawa, March 28, 2012 – Canada is proposing a major change to how foreign skilled workers' education credentials are assessed, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

The proposed new requirement would mean that applicants wanting to immigrate as Federal Skilled Workers would have their foreign education credentials assessed and verified by designated organizations before they arrive in Canada.

“Our Government is building an immigration system that is focused on economic growth and ensuring that all Canadians, including immigrants, are able to contribute to their maximum capacity,” said Jason Kenney. “By having their foreign education credentials assessed before their arrival to Canada, foreign skilled workers will have a better sense of how their credentials fit into the Canadian labour market and will be able to contribute their full skill set to the economy more quickly. This proposal is part of a broader package of transformational changes that will make Canada's immigration policies work better for the Canadian economy.”

A pre-arrival assessment would let applicants know how their education credentials compare to Canadian credentials and it will give immigrants a sense of how Canadian employers are likely to value their education. This will also screen out people without proper education levels and is an important step in helping to address the problem of immigrants arriving and not being able to work in their field.

The assessment of international educational credentials would not mean that Federal Skilled Workers would automatically find employment in Canada commensurate with their skills nor would it guarantee that they would become licensed to practice in a regulated occupation. Applicants who intend to work in a regulated profession would likely need to have their qualifications assessed in greater depth for purposes of licensure by a regulatory body specific to their profession and intended province of work.

“Internationally trained workers make an important contribution to Canada's job market and the economy,” added Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development. “That's why our Government is working in partnership to improve foreign credential recognition so that skilled newcomers can put their knowledge and skills to work sooner.”

Minister Kenney also used the occasion to release the 2011 Government of Canada Progress Report on Foreign Credential Recognition, Strengthening Canada's Economy. The annual report, led by the Foreign Credentials Referral Office, highlights achievements made by Citizenship and Immigration Canada , Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, and Health Canada to help foreign trained individuals integrate into the Canadian workforce.

Highlights of the report include:

expansion of the Canadian Immigration Integration Program (CIIP), which is designed and managed by the Association of Canadian Community Colleges. CIIP currently offers pre-arrival orientation sessions in up to 25 countries, based on demand;
an innovative assessment and bridging program to help internationally educated nurses meet regulatory requirements for licensure across Canada; and
the launch of the International Qualifications Network Website for stakeholders to share information and best practices in credential assessment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-28.asp
Agreed....Good work Saimahuz +1...Jang people needs to verify news before publishing it....Oh Jang..... :eek:

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
cocknbull said:

actually, there is nothing to be worried about this policy because it states that another body would first determined the eligibility on the basis of professional degrees; if the applicant is passed; then the Nova Scotia would start the initial assessment keeping in view the whole points. Initially, five professions would be included for 2011-12 and by 2012-13, more professions would be included. The same policy is being followed by the Australians in which a professional degree holder submits the CDR of his/her professional calibre along with CV etc, then the he/she submits the initial application attached with the approval of engineering council/school/ nursing councils etc etc.
The CIC seems to be doing on the same lines. The said news of fthe Daily JANG is actually ambiguous.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
actually, there is nothing to be worried about this policy because it states that another body would first determined the eligibility on the basis of professional degrees; if the applicant is passed; then the Nova Scotia would start the initial assessment keeping in view the whole points. Initially, five professions would be included for 2011-12 and by 2012-13, more professions would be included. The same policy is being followed by the Australians in which a professional degree holder submits the CDR of his/her professional calibre along with CV etc, then the he/she submits the initial application attached with the approval of engineering council/school/ nursing councils etc etc.
The CIC seems to be doing on the same lines. The said news of fthe Daily JANG is actually ambiguous.
Actual news is posted by saimahuz above. Jang news paper published wrong news. Thanks

Usman799

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:

They might verify if they found any inconsistency or suspicious in documentation as CHCs do worldwide not in every case. Usually they just asses documents provided.

IQAS Assessment Process

The mandate of IQAS is to provide a fair and credible educational assessment service that recognizes education achieved in countries outside of Canada. IQAS evaluations are advisory. Assessments are completed on an individual basis and include a review process and thorough quality assurance measures.

Document Review

All documents are reviewed for consistency and evidence of tampering or alteration. IQAS will contact the issuing institution directly to verify any inconsistencies or suspicious documents. An evaluation will not be conducted on documentation that IQAS suspects to be altered or fraudulent.

Translation Review

IQAS conducts educational assessments using original language documents and their English translations. Translations are periodically checked for accuracy.

Recognition of Institution

IQAS only conducts assessments of education obtained at institutions that meet our recognition criteria. To meet our criteria, an institution must have been formally approved by a designated competent authority within the country through a process incorporating quality assurance. The institution must also be widely accepted by other institutions and agencies inside and outside the country. IQAS does not evaluate education offered by unrecognized institutions.

Description of Educational Programs

IQAS conducts extensive research on academic credentials from other countries. The following criteria, amongst others, are considered when developing the general statement of comparison:

level of education;
duration of study;
general content of study; and
function of the program (i.e. what the program allows access to in the home country – graduate studies, professional licensing, employment)

General Statement of Comparison

IQAS issues a statement of comparison that indicates how a program of study from another country ‘generally compares' to a program of study in Canada. The term ‘generally compares' indicates that a credential is considered similar to a credential in Canada.

Quality Assurance

IQAS follows national and international standards of good practice in the assessment of foreign credentials. IQAS played a lead role along with other provincial assessment services in the development of "General Guiding Principles for Good Practice in the Assessment of Foreign Credentials" and is a founding member of a national quality assurance framework through the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada.

Re-assessment / Appeal Process

If you are not satisfied with your assessment, you may submit a request for reassessment in writing to the IQAS office. This must be submitted within one year of the original date of assessment.
Created: 2010-07-21
Modified: 2011-06-27
PID: 12462

http://employment.alberta.ca/Immigration/12462.html

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Usman799 said:
If you have already sent an email then wait for sometime. The VO might get irritate. Don't worry it varies from case to case. They have not mentioned in their reply but surely they are scrutinizing some document. It could be work, education etc. Have patience.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Usman799 said:
I this policy come into effect, would it assess credentials before immigration process, After Visa Issuance or at any time.
Only before medicals. After medical done security checks starts. Most of the time they don't even bother to verify provided that you have done the procedure according to their requirement. e.g original transcripts in university sealed envelope etc. If the university envelope is missing more chances they will verify the degrees. It's just an assumption but at the end all depends on IO mood.

AB212

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th March, 2010
Doc's Request.
27th April, 2010
AOR Received.
13th October, 2010
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
Waiting .... waiting ...
Med's Done....
Waiting .... waiting ...
Interview........
Waiting .... waiting ...
Passport Req..
Waiting .... waiting ...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting .... waiting ...
LANDED..........
Waiting .... waiting ...
Hey,

I would really appreciate if someone helped me out here. I recently received my CAIPS file (the $60 one). And I was looking for the BF' D date, which turned out to be 30-11-2011.

It is written 'File BF' D to : PCL ON 30-11-2011

Since it has already passed, what is it supposed to mean ?