Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone my spouse and I submitted our package in early June. When I paid the fees for the sponsorship application it gave me the wrong amount of fees. I guess it was a glitch in the system at the time. This was confirmed by a couple of others who had the same issue. I submitted a webform explaining the situation but they wrote back saying because my app wasn’t in the system yet due to the backlog of the coronavirus. They also don’t have an application number to look up my file.

My question is:
What should I do? The total paid was 1305 and I paid the extra amount but can’t do anything about it given the situation with my file not being in the system yet. Does anyone think they will return our application? Since we submitted in June I assume we have a long wait time until we hear anything back. It would be disappointing after waiting all that time and having it returned. Can any of the more experienced members shed some light? Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I cannot say for certain but at least for some payments they will come back and request the insufficient amount. So I think it unlikely that it will be returned,especially since you wrote to communicate the mistake. But this is only a guess.

Gcms notes show a rather detailed fees section where the fees are checked against total paid. I presume this is used to confirm. Situation might be different if you had paid nothing or not paid one of the major fees, but the amount seems close. Also assume that when fees change they have this situation occasionally.

Do you know what was wrong about your fees paid?

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I cannot say for certain but at least for some payments they will come back and request the insufficient amount. So I think it unlikely that it will be returned,especially since you wrote to communicate the mistake. But this is only a guess.

Gcms notes show a rather detailed fees section where the fees are checked against total paid. I presume this is used to confirm. Situation might be different if you had paid nothing or not paid one of the major fees, but the amount seems close. Also assume that when fees change they have this situation occasionally.

Do you know what was wrong about your fees paid?
So I just checked. I paid 1305. Which is correct, but I’m missing the biometrics payment which at the time I thought I was exempt but I’m not.

breakdown:

Sponsorship fee (75)
PA processing fee (475)
IRPR: (500)
Work permit: (255)
Which would leave out the 85 dollar biometrics fee

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So I just checked. I paid 1305. Which is correct, but I’m missing the biometrics payment which at the time I thought I was exempt but I’m not.

breakdown:

Sponsorship fee (75)
PA processing fee (475)
IRPR: (500)
Work permit: (255)
Which would leave out the 85 dollar biometrics fee
Have definitely seen them just ask applicants to pay the biometric fee without sending back. Don't think you should worry, although nothing is 100%.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
Hi there,
I received this as a part of an email from CPC Mississauga. I believe forgetting to pay for Biometrics is common, so they will sometimes send out a "Biometrics Fee Reminder letter" to remind you, even if you have paid. These are the instructions on how to pay:

Instructions - How to Pay Biometrics Fees
1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card
if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software,
and a printer.
2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/?lang=en.
3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.
5. Select the fee that applies to your application.
Note: “If you qualify for the “family” rate, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.
6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via the IRCC Webform at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
Note: At this time, you only need to pay a biometrics fee if you did not include the Biometrics fee
payment with your submission. Once your application is deemed as complete, you will receive
further instructions on when and how to give your biometrics. For more information on
biometrics, please visit the IRCC website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugeescitizenship/
campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Our lawyer actually specifically recommended that we don't pay biometrics fees until asked (trying to help us spread out the fees for easier budgeting), so it's not a big deal that you didn't pay the biometrics fee upfront, don't worry!
We got a request for us to pay the biometrics fee a few months after we submitted the application, and once we submitted the receipt for the fee payment through webform, they requested the biometrics a week later (pre-pandemic).

Hope that helps!