+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paid Work Internship on Post Graduation Work Permit for Express Entry CEC

hershii77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
1) Do paid internships on post graduation work permit after graduation in-Canada (NOT ON Co-op but on PGWP) qualify for express entry CEC work experience?
2) If an internship is paid, is it considered employment or being employed? I am employed directly under the institution, no subcontractors.
3) If I have all paystubs, contract letter and job offer letters, will I be able to use it to claim points?

Reactions: Syed Azhar Hussain

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1) Do paid internships on post graduation work permit after graduation in-Canada (NOT ON Co-op but on PGWP) qualify for express entry CEC work experience?
2) If an internship is paid, is it considered employment or being employed? I am employed directly under the institution, no subcontractors.
3) If I have all paystubs, contract letter and job offer letters, will I be able to use it to claim points?
1. Yes if skilled and meets salary/wage average for that NOC. Not sure what the difference is between a paid job and a paid internship.
2. Are you employee that receives T4, tax deductions etc? If so yes, you are an employee and eligible for CEC.
3. You need a signed employment letter stating hours work, salary, job responsibilities and time worked. This is not your contract or job offer.

Reactions: hershii77

hershii77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
1. Yes if skilled and meets salary/wage average for that NOC. Not sure what the difference is between a paid job and a paid internship.
2. Are you employee that receives T4, tax deductions etc? If so yes, you are an employee and eligible for CEC.
3. You need a signed employment letter stating hours work, salary, job responsibilities and time worked. This is not your contract or job offer.
1) Thank you.
2) Yes. I receive pay slips, taxes are deducted. T4 will be issued as far as I confirmed during the next tax period.
3) I can secure one. My job offer does state all of them already though but I do know we need a reference letter to confirm everything.

If possible, can I add you on instagram for any more questions?

Dimsworld

Aug 25, 2022

Generally, a valid offer is for a job that is:

A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:

• your pay and deductions
  • your job duties
  • conditions of employment, like your hours of work.
In most cases, a valid job offer must be supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The employer has to apply for one from Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada.
You might want to read this article for more clarification https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29
Maybe it will answer some of your questions.
From wisdomtoothextraction.net

hershii77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Generally, a valid offer is for a job that is:

A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:

• your pay and deductions
  • your job duties
  • conditions of employment, like your hours of work.
In most cases, a valid job offer must be supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The employer has to apply for one from Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada.
You might want to read this article for more clarification https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29
Maybe it will answer some of your questions.
From wisdomtoothextraction.net
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) yes.
2) Employment.
3) You can use this to claim points for Canadian work experience, but not for having a job offer.

hershii77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
1) yes.
2) Employment.
3) You can use this to claim points for Canadian work experience, but not for having a job offer.
1) Thank you
2) Thank you
3) My profile is already in pool with another job in NOC B which I already have worked 1 year for. Just making sure this internship position is still getting counted in case I may have to wait for a decision for another year.

Reactions: scylla

Rocky_1111

Apr 13, 2024
Hello Guys,
Can someone help me in the following regards?

Currently, working as a purchasing manager in Canada with One year of experience.

I have 3 years of back home experience: One year as an apprentice (full-time, paid, done after study completion, in the procurement field) and the other is Two Years of experience as a Deputy Commercial Manager (Paid, full-time, in the supply chain field).

Now, I am not sure of few things that is as below:

1. What NOC Code should I consider for these back home jobs? (One is paid apprentice and another is commercial manager; None of them is listed in NOC Codes)
  2. Should I be considering the NOC Codes based on the responsibilities?
  3. If NOC Codes are under different TEER Categories, such as apprentice is X and Commercial Manager is Y and Purchasing Manager is Y or Z, should there be any problem?
  4. Should those responsibilities (in the Reference Letter) must match with the Current purchasing manager job which I am doing right now?

Any help in this regards is very much appreciated.

Thanks