N/A
File Transfer...
14-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29-01-2016 (Passed)
HeisenbergCanada said:
A great way to start working for Internationally trained professionals!

Since 1996, Career Edge Organization, a national self-funded not-for-profit service provider, has provided leadership in connecting private, public and non-profit businesses with diverse, qualified talent like you.

We offer access to meaningful, career-launching paid internships in a wide range of non-regulated fields including Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Technology, Engineering, Business Operations, Administration and more.

A paid internship can be a smart career move because it offers:

a direct route to meaningful, relevant work experience
the development of strong employability skills
a dedicated coach and learning opportunities from people currently working in your field
the opportunity to build your professional network
an investment in your career

If you are a recent grad, a graduate with a disability or an internationally qualified professional consider a paid internship with Career Edge Organization to help launch your career.

Monthly salary for entry level interns - $2800
Monthly salary for mid-level interns - $3250

Career Bridge: Internationally qualified professionals who have been in Canada for less than three years, are legally able to work in Canada, have a minimum of a bachelor's degree with complete Canadian equivalency assessment and do not yet have Canadian work experience in their chosen professional field.
How do I get started?

Step 1: Ensure that you meet the eligibility listed above and click here to complete the online application form.
Step 2: If your application is approved, you will be able to instantly view and apply to internship opportunities in your field.
Step 3: Career Edge host employers will select the strongest applications and schedule interviews. An employment offer will be presented to successful candidates.

For more details visit www.careeredge.ca
Hi,

Do you help candidates who are seeking job for express entry application for immigration?

Thanks for your kind confirmation.

nitinjs

Jun 30, 2015
IN
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
??? ???

Unfortunately, you do not qualify for the Career Edge paid internship program because you do not meet one or more of the following qualification requirements:

1.Have recently graduated from a Canadian college or university.
2.Are eligible to work in Canada.
3.Are seeking an entry-level paid internship in a non-regulated business function (includes: Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Engineering).
4.Have not been a Career Edge, Ability Edge or Career Bridge intern before.
5.Have little or no career-related work experience.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
nitinjs said:
??? ???

Unfortunately, you do not qualify for the Career Edge paid internship program because you do not meet one or more of the following qualification requirements:

1.Have recently graduated from a Canadian college or university.
2.Are eligible to work in Canada.
3.Are seeking an entry-level paid internship in a non-regulated business function (includes: Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Engineering).
4.Have not been a Career Edge, Ability Edge or Career Bridge intern before.
5.Have little or no career-related work experience.
Careeredge does not offer internship opportunities for candidates who are not eligible to work in canada. Its common sense, why would a company want to go through all the necessary paperwork (which could take several months) - just to have an "intern" join them for a 6 months period?

Itsme72

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
6th aug 2015 /pasport submitted 7 th aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015 / passport back 17 th aug 2015
LANDED..........
27 th sept 2015
HELP !! Help !! Help !!
Hi guys,
My cousion is studying embeded system coop program in canada,,
She is strugling for coop trsining of three months ,,
She gave intervies but wasn't selected any where ,,
Its the deadline this month,, if any body has a reference in any company or can help please drop me a persnl message in my inbox
Thanx a lot

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Hi,
I went through some of the posts and feel wrong information is being shared by some with little background knowledge.
I was an international student with a 1 year post graduate certificate. I got an internship offer from Careeredge. I was an intern for almost 12+6+2 =20 months (extended twice) and now I am a working on a permanent contract in the same team for last 4 months. I started July 2013 and it has been exactly 2 years now that I have worked here.

I signed up as a fresh graduate in July and the starting internship stipend was around $2100 monthly. After tax deductions it comes to around $1,550-1,600 for 2 bi-weekly pays. For a single guy it is a decent amount if you have shared accommodation. The monthly stipend does increase upon extensions, increased by $200 per month on first extension and $400 monthly for second extension.

The job market is tough in Canada specially for someone who does not have any Canadian education or qualification. Like someone mentioned sometimes it is not easy to even get a coop, but if it is a graduation requirement then colleges/univs ensure the students do end up with a coop/internship even if it is non-paid. I have had friends who did non-paid internships and later got hired by those companies upon completion of coop/internship.

Additionally, I know an instance of my company hiring an employee who has PR but had not completed landing in Canada. Due to his very relevant experience, he was shortlisted and online interview was conducted for him. So chances of remote hiring are very minimal but there is a chances depending on your profile and hiring company's requirements.

For students who do not study coop programs, Careeredge is a very good option. However, I again re-iterate that it is not easy to get an internship through Careeredge as alot of Canadian university graduates are now even using this medium to land their first jobs, thus making it much more tougher for international students or new PRs. It is a good way to get a foot in Canadian job market and be a part of some high-end companies, as myself got into GE Canada which is perhaps a top 10 global company.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
mesumrizvi said:
The job market is tough in Canada specially for someone who does not have any Canadian education or qualification.
Thanks for sharing your experience, just a comment on that statement above - with regards to newly landed PRs - anyone who landed via the FSW stream already has work experience, what they really lack is industry connections, and in most cases brushing up some specific "skills" as well. Those could be managed via attending some bridging programs/or specific industry courses offered by the local canadian universities/colleges etc, the main challenge is networking and building industry connections.

Canadian education - on its own - wouldn't really help a newcomer get a job - if he already has 7+ years of international experience and a masters degree from abroad.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Dear friends,

Im getting my PR soon thru FSW program and Im 37 years by now, is it "too old" to get a decent job in canada in this age? is there any age limit if i want to apply thru career edge? thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
KoRnnn said:
Dear friends,

Im getting my PR soon thru FSW program and Im 37 years by now, is it "too old" to get a decent job in canada in this age? is there any age limit if i want to apply thru career edge? thanks
Not sure what do you mean by too old? You will compete for jobs just like anyone else does.

As far as internships are concerned - there is no age limit specified, some are advertised for university grads, others are advertised for newcomers...etc. you just apply for those which suit your experience and that's it.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
thanks for you reply

i have so many questions in my mind. I read from some seniors that for us "immigrant" is hard to get a job according to our previous work experience and even they dont count much on our bachelor or even master degree. what they need more is canadian working experience and canadian graduate. I simply dont get it, lets assume that it what really happens..so for me as product manager in my home country, i can apply as a librarian in canada? or a manufacturing manager can apply as customer serveice manager? does it how the way works in canada? you can apply at any job regardless your job experience and education background? thankss

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
KoRnnn said:
thanks for you reply

i have so many questions in my mind. I read from some seniors that for us "immigrant" is hard to get a job according to our previous work experience and even they dont count much on our bachelor or even master degree. what they need more is canadian working experience and canadian graduate. I simply dont get it, lets assume that it what really happens..so for me as product manager in my home country, i can apply as a librarian in canada? or a manufacturing manager can apply as customer serveice manager? does it how the way works in canada? you can apply at any job regardless your job experience and education background? thankss
No - it doesn't quite work that way. Certain jobs do require specific qualifications (for example, you can't work as an engineer without an engineering educational background, same goes for nusring, etc.) and in many cases employers will expect candidates to have certain qualifications to apply for a specific job (e.g. to work as a true librarian you typically need a degree in library science or related experience). However it probably is easier to switch careers here than in other places in the world - or to get a job in a field unrelated to your education - especially if that job involves more soft skills than technical / hard skills. I completed a bachelor degree in arts - but ended up working in Financial Services right after I graduated (even though I didn't have a business or commerce degree) and rose to a manager level in just a few years. Someone who was a manufacturing manager previously might certainly qualify for a customer service manager role - since they have experience managing a team. It's really impossible to generalize. However switching careers is certainly possible and many do it (and I'm not just limiting this to immigrants - it applies to those born in Canada as well).

migrant94

Nov 4, 2014
inder321 said:
Can anyone suggest the specific three questions asked in pre screening video interview..

emamabd said:
just typical questions that you will experience in any job interview

Hi folks I' appreciate your guides

I am going to register with career edge but realized our recorded interview may be shared with potential employers

1- do they have the right to record interview without our permission?

2- who will interview us, the employer or Career edge officer?

3- I need to know whether interview questions are technical or not? do I need to prepare like a real technical interview?

4- usually how long the interview will take?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
migrant94 said:
Hi folks I' appreciate your guides

I am going to register with career edge but realized our recorded interview may be shared with potential employers

1- do they have the right to record interview without our permission?

2- who will interview us, the employer or Career edge officer?

3- I need to know whether interview questions are technical or not? do I need to prepare like a real technical interview?

4- usually how long the interview will take?
1.how did you conclude that they are recording the interview?

2.during the registration process, careeredge will interview you

3.behavioural interview questions

4.20-30 minutes

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
Perla2015 said:
Hello everyone,

I have just received an offer from Career Edge internship. Lots of hard work but worth the try. It is a great opportunity to step in the fortune companies and get to know the culture.

Wish everyone the successful career path,

Perla
Congratulation ! how much time it took since ur application to them? How was the interview?

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
KoRnnn said:
Dear friends,

Hi,
Well, I was in same boat 2 years back and was able to find paid internship from career edge. There is no age limit and now I am working in my domain.
There is no age limit in looking for jobs. If you have the needed qualifications, you are as any other candidate.

If you are looking for any bridging courses, look for Acces Employment.
They provide god startup help to new immigrants.

Regards,
Sharat Joshi