ericssonlima

Oct 7, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi Guys,

In my country, is possible to anticipate some credits in college, and reserve the last year only for the college conclusion project.

This way, I was able to work a Paid full-time job ( 40h week ), as an intern in the same field of my degree (Mechanical Engineering ); Would this job experience count ?

The company I was working for, said also that they can issue the document prooving my work experience ( With salary, weekly worked hours and job assignments) as an analyst or intern; it's up to me.

So;

Will this work experience, in the same NOC field of my degree, count ? Or only full-time paid works after graduation?

Which would be the best way to describe my position? Mechanical Engineer Analyst or Mechanical Engineer Intern?

Thank Again!

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
ericssonlima said:
Will this work experience, in the same NOC field of my degree, count ? Or only full-time paid works after graduation?

Which would be the best way to describe my position? Mechanical Engineer Analyst or Mechanical Engineer Intern?

Thank Again!
Any full-time paid work experience counts, even though you haven't had your diploma then.

My suggestion is to give the title of Analyst. So that CIC officer will not be confused.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Typically work experience gained while you were a full-time student cannot earn points.

You mention you got some credits in advance to be able to do this internship during your last year. So were you only a part-time student at the time you did the internship? If so you are ok.

ericssonlima

Oct 7, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
future_canadian said:
You mention you got some credits in advance to be able to do this internship during your last year. So were you only a part-time student at the time you did the internship? If so you are ok.
Yes. I still was enrolled with my university, however the courses taken at that year were at night (or evening....I don't know which should i use). The credits in advance also helped to free daily time.

I Changed my study period, So I worked during day and studied at night (which very is common in Brazil).This way I was able to do a Full-Time Paid Internship.

I believe this should classify me as Part-time Student.

Question: In my academic transcripts, I don't have explained which period I was studying ( it has only the credits taken ); Will this be a problem ?

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
future_canadian said:
Typically work experience gained while you were a full-time student cannot earn points.

I second future_canadian on that.

Intern-ship period is never/cannot be said a full time work even if you work 50 hours a week.

Don't make this mistake.

Good luck

rakakatoofaan

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well Whe I started, I was an Intern full time. When I graduated, the company I started to work, gave me full time. So they counted the intern period as full time and hence, in the experience letter, my internship time is included in the total duration of my work and reported as full time. In the personal history section, I have reported it and made a cover letter and explained about it.

ericssonlima

Oct 7, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Since I worked full-time during a hole year, my employer can issue the document with my position as analyst.

mwrooney: I believe this would solve the problem with internship. What do you think?

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
ericssonlima said:
Hi Guys,

In my country, is possible to anticipate some credits in college, and reserve the last year only for the college conclusion project.

This way, I was able to work a Paid full-time job ( 40h week ), as an intern in the same field of my degree (Mechanical Engineering ); Would this job experience count ?

The company I was working for, said also that they can issue the document prooving my work experience ( With salary, weekly worked hours and job assignments) as an analyst or intern; it's up to me.

So;

Thank Again!
I love your drive but internship is more of OJT than actual paid work. I feel work experience counts after graduation, do not be discourage just keep trying after your degree.

ericssonlima

Oct 7, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
DD-Rum said:
I love your drive but internship is more of OJT than actual paid work. I feel work experience counts after graduation, do not be discourage just keep trying after your degree.
I think , I'll apply anyway and see if it's rejected or not.

Do you guys can see any risk in it? If I apply this year and get rejected, there is any problem for next year 2015-express entry?

I think next year will be much harder to immigrate, with this job bank, and the need of company interest in you.(at least for mechanical engineer)