+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PACE (University of Winnipeg) Network Security - Waitlist

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi, did you apply for study permit? If yes, did you get it?

I got conditional acceptance for Network Security PACE Program Winter 2021. I have paid full tuition fee but yet to apply for Visa. I have been told by my agent I shall not apply for it by September since study permits are getting rejected these days. What should I do? Take a chance and apply for Visa or shall I wait till September untill things get normal?
Hi, i am planning to apoly in late agust for winter 2021 session. I have been offered PDD (Post Degree Diploma) in Supply Chain Management at pace. Let's connect in pvt message

Reactions: cdt.asminhas

cdt.asminhas

Jul 12, 2020
Hey man. Sorry for replying so late. I had deferred my acceptance to May,2021. Already applied for Study Visa under SDS category. Problem is biometrics not open yet in India so application wont proceed further without it. I got my GIC certificate, paid one year tuition fees, medicals done.

I guess they are rejecting for Sept,2020 intake. It would be stupid of them to reject 2021 candidates without any valid reason. Its bad for business which is especially needed in these bad times. I just went ahead and applied with a decent SOP. Go ahead if you are ready.
Hey Buddy,

Thank you for replying back to my query earlier. Is there any update on your Visa application? I just hope you would have got it by now.

Regards

cdt.asminhas

Jul 12, 2020
Hi, i am planning to apoly in late agust for winter 2021 session. I have been offered PDD (Post Degree Diploma) in Supply Chain Management at pace. Let's connect in pvt message
Hey buddy,

Sorry for the late reply. I have not check this thread since long. I also have the same plan as yours-Apply by the end of August, as most of the Sept intake applications would have been sorted by then (as per my agent). Let's connect over Whatsapp

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hey Buddy,

Thank you for replying back to my query earlier. Is there any update on your Visa application? I just hope you would have got it by now.

Regards
Hey there. I havent received it yet. Biometrics are still closed here in Mumbai,India. And the application hasnt moved ahead yet.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hey Phaijal, I hope you would have received AIP by now. Have you? Connect with me on my email: cdt.asminhas@gmail.com
Hey I've received my AIP on 3rd September via email. However, nothing has been updated on the portal. Ive checked on other threads and this seems to be normal. Medicals are yet to be cleared and vfs is not yet open in India so biometrics not yet done. So I think final approval will be stuck till these get sorted. Hoping all these happen by October so i can secure my seat.

Actually, this is all for my wife's seat. It was just easier for me to say it's my application. I am gonna apply for SOWP once her visa is approved. That is another battle altogether.

What about you? Did you apply?

cdt.asminhas

Jul 12, 2020
I have applied for visa on 28th August. No update on it so far. Though my application is complete ( biometric + Medical submitted) since I have one rejection history.

Congratulations! for your wife's AIP. When did you apply for it? As per UoW acceptance letter, untill Idont make the full tuition fee payment and have Visa, my seat is not confirmed for the course. I assume it would be same in your wife's case too. Did you connect with UoW to confirm the seat?

Reactions: phaijalkhan

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
We applied on 15th July. We have submitted an upfront medical but no update on its status yet. I hear they have been prioritising Fall intake so things should move faster now that Fall courses have all started

We have paid the tuition and GIC so that stage is cleared but they won't confirm the seat till we submit the visa which i am hoping happens in October. Her studies start in Spring 2021 so still hoping things will fall into place by then.

I think you should get an AIP by October 2nd week going by our timeline. In fact, things should be faster now.

cdt.asminhas

Jul 12, 2020
I have dropped an Email to UoW to confirm if they could secure my seat on basis of AIP. Yet to receive a response. Will keep you updated on it.

As updated on 15th Sept, Max visa processing time has reduced from 21 weeks to 6 weeks. So yeh, I am expecting to get a response by 1st week of Oct. fingers crossed.

cdt.asminhas

Jul 12, 2020
We applied on 15th July. We have submitted an upfront medical but no update on its status yet. I hear they have been prioritising Fall intake so things should move faster now that Fall courses have all started

We have paid the tuition and GIC so that stage is cleared but they won't confirm the seat till we submit the visa which i am hoping happens in October. Her studies start in Spring 2021 so still hoping things will fall into place by then.

I think you should get an AIP by October 2nd week going by our timeline. In fact, things should be faster now.
Hey just wanted to update you, I asked UoW if they could confirm my seat on receiving Stage 1 (AIP), and they said Yes. Below is their complete reply.

"Yes, we will able to confirm a seat if you receive your Stage 1 up to November 15th. You must process at least the first installment to conform a space and process the second at least a month prior the course begins to avoid losing your seat."

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hey just wanted to update you, I asked UoW if they could confirm my seat on receiving Stage 1 (AIP), and they said Yes. Below is their complete reply.

"Yes, we will able to confirm a seat if you receive your Stage 1 up to November 15th. You must process at least the first installment to conform a space and process the second at least a month prior the course begins to avoid losing your seat."
Oh that is great news. I have already paid my fees in full which was a criteria when you apply for SDS category visa. Was wondering how you applied for a visa without that!

Also, will they confirm the admission even if the program starts in May,2021 you think? ill drop them an email.

Thanks for the information bro :)

cdt.asminhas

Jul 12, 2020
Oh that is great news. I have already paid my fees in full which was a criteria when you apply for SDS category visa. Was wondering how you applied for a visa without that!

Also, will they confirm the admission even if the program starts in May,2021 you think? ill drop them an email.

Thanks for the information bro :)
I paid the full tuition fee too before applying for the study permit under SDS. There is no other option.
Sure. Do drop them an email asking all your doubts (applytoPACE@uwinnipeg.ca ). They generally reply back within 2 business days. On 30th Sept they have scheduled a Zoom session where they will discuss their approach to conduct online classes for PACE students joining in Feb 2021. You can register for the session here: https://pace.uwinnipegcourses.ca/winter-2021-admissions

JobinJohn

Apr 6, 2021
I have applied for NSD August 2021 intake and I also got the update saying my profile has been waitlisted.
What was the action you guys performed. Is there any chance my seat can get confirmed by August 2021?
Or should I defer this to February 2022. If I defer to February, how is this gonna impact me?

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
Hello All,

My study permit application was approved for PACE (University of Winnipeg) Network Security program for Feb 2020 intake however, my seat for the program has not been confirmed yet and they put me on the waitlist!

I am not sure what to do if I am not able to secure a seat for the Feb 2020, since I already received my Visa.

Anyone gone through similar situation? or could you please let me know your valuable suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!
You would get LOA and after that you apply for study permit. Do you mean to say that you got waitlisted while you were waiting for study permit?