+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PA name change after application in process

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello,
My wife is in India and we applied for spousal sponsorship with her maiden name.
Now I am thinking of changing her name to my last name so all her new documents have it.
Who do I notify if I want new last name to be on PR Card?
Her file is currently in process in Delhi.

Thanks,

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
send a letter thru IRCC webform to your visa office about the name change......also send supporting documents of the name change.....you may also update those forms with her maiden name......after informing IRCC she may apply for a new travel passport with her new surname

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello,
My wife is in India and we applied for spousal sponsorship with her maiden name.
Now I am thinking of changing her name to my last name so all her new documents have it.
Who do I notify if I want new last name to be on PR Card?
Her file is currently in process in Delhi.

Thanks,
Rather than going thru all this ; I would let her come here then it is pretty easy here. Doesn't she bear your last name on the marriage Certificate? How about her PPT, adhaar card

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Rather than going thru all this ; I would let her come here then it is pretty easy here. Doesn't she bear your last name on the marriage Certificate? How about her PPT, adhaar card
Far easier to change the name before PR than after.

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
She only has my name on marriage certificate. Everything else has her maiden name.
I just want her to come here soon and don't want to delay the process due to name change..

Reactions: singleman

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She only has my name on marriage certificate. Everything else has her maiden name.
I just want her to come here soon and don't want to delay the process due to name change..
It doesn't delay the app. Just change her passport and send an updated copy to IRCC.