+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PA in Canada (CEC class) and PPR (Passport Request) for accompanying dependents

HinaGarg

Oct 30, 2021
I know my spouse passport has been stamped and ship to home address however have not received the passport yet.. it full 3 weeks for them to stamp passport
They have mentioned 15 days timeline everywhere. The good thing is your spouse's passport has been stamped and shipped. You will receive it in a few days. You can track it with AWB number to know where it is exactly. I want to ask one more thing. Have you received the PR card? I am stuck in the same situation. My passport is under process at IRCC, my husband received the eCOPR one month ago but there is no update on PR card. Have you received your card?

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Go Ahead and submit the passport of your dependent in her country. I have the same case. I am the PA and have not received the portal mail from the IRCC or ecopr yet but I had received the PPR for my Dependent who is in India. She submitted her passport and got the COPR. But she can come to Canada only when I get my landing instruction and ecopr.

Hi All,

My husband is Inland PA and I am the outland dependent(India)
My husband has received eCOPR yesterday. Also he has received Request letter in CIC account, which mentions about submitting passport. The Request letter is addressed in his name and also has his UCI number.

Is this PPR for dependent ?

Do we need RFV mail as well, before sending the passport for stamping for the dependent?

Any help is much appreciated.

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
They have mentioned 15 days timeline everywhere. The good thing is your spouse's passport has been stamped and shipped. You will receive it in a few days. You can track it with AWB number to know where it is exactly. I want to ask one more thing. Have you received the PR card? I am stuck in the same situation. My passport is under process at IRCC, my husband received the eCOPR one month ago but there is no update on PR card. Have you received your card?
I have not received my PR card even after a month... these guys keep making us wait further

HinaGarg

Oct 30, 2021
I have not received my PR card even after a month... these guys keep making us wait further
I think they are waiting for the dependent's file to get processed in the system. IRCC has 63 days of timeline for a PR card. You will receive it soon. Please drop a message once you receive the PR card. It will give me an idea about the timeline, :)

Reactions: Moazali6

Sam_Ontario

Aug 28, 2021
Hi All,

My husband is Inland PA and I am the outland dependent(India)
My husband has received eCOPR yesterday. Also he has received Request letter in CIC account, which mentions about submitting passport. The Request letter is addressed in his name and also has his UCI number.

Is this PPR for dependent ?

Do we need RFV mail as well, before sending the passport for stamping for the dependent?

No Problem. GO ahead and submit with the same letter. ITs for both of you

Reactions: anki91

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
I know my spouse passport has been stamped and ship to home address however have not received the passport yet.. it full 3 weeks for them to stamp passport
How to you get to know, and how many day it too after they received your passport?

Rajesh Watts

May 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

In case anyone has the same questions I had on PPR, below is what I am going to do:

NOTE: The "ready for visa" email is and will be addressed to Principal Applicant and includes PAs UCI and details. Not to worry - it is for your dependents.

1) If PA is in Canada, please submit a webform and inform them that you are in Canada and Dependent is overseas as per the email - if you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)
2) Contact your nearest Visa Application Centre - this can be found using the link below. Ask them what is required on your end and what needs to be provided - they will email you a detailed description
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html
3) Gather the required documents:
- Consent form (VAC will send it to you)
- Transmission payment receipt (payment receipt (VAC will indicate the amount and how to pay))
- Courier payment receipt (payment receipt (VAC will indicate the amount and how to pay))
- Your passport (dependent's)
- Letter print out (The "ready for visa" email)
- Your detailed address, recipient name and your contact information on a piece of paper. (including your e-mail address (This is for the dependents address as it will be shipped there))
- 2 pieces of 5x7 cm biometric photos, write the studio name, address and date of taking the photo on the back of the photo (for PR )
- Height, eye colour written on piece of paper as instructed.

This whole thing would need to be sent by courier to the VAC address.

Hope this helps someone at some point.
Hi,

I did received this letter after receiving my Ecopr as I am already in Canada but my dependents son and wife both are in India. Do I need to raise a web for as already I have received my Ecopr.

Secondly would the ready for visa email on PAs name is enough for my dependents to get their passports stamped. As this letter does not have their names of uci on it.

Please advice. As I received this letter on 1st and passport pickup for my dependents is scheduled for 5th December.

CAND

Jan 13, 2015
hi all ,
I'm new here. Kindly help!

My husband had applied for pr under cec( inland applicant with outland dependent) . He got a passport request today on our cic account but did not receive any ecopr. In the passport request letter they asked to submit passport if not in canada. In our case , He is in india currently. So, do we both need to submit passport to vfs for stamping or he should wait for ecopr email and then inform ircc regarding he being in india at present .

kindly guide

Sanjay35821

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2020
Finally Received my COPR yesterday Dec 7.
Today December 8, I have received a Request For Visa letter which also asks for my Passport (PA) and photos with my dependent.
though it also states If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and advise our office via webform within 5 days.
Earlier I have already received a passport request letter on October 7 but was waiting for COPR.

Hi,
so now with a dependant passport should I send both letters or only one of them? If only one which one - old or new?

Prabhpahul singh

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello Everyone, I recently got Request For Visa email, as mentioned I raised the web form containing my and dependent details. What are the next steps.? I haven't heard back from IRCC after raising the webform. Thank you.

pradeepmohan

May 1, 2019
Finally Received my COPR yesterday Dec 7.
Today December 8, I have received a Request For Visa letter which also asks for my Passport (PA) and photos with my dependent.
though it also states If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and advise our office via webform within 5 days.
Earlier I have already received a passport request letter on October 7 but was waiting for COPR.

Hi,
so now with a dependant passport should I send both letters or only one of them? If only one which one - old or new?
Hi Sanjay

Looks like I am in same situation and you could help me here. When we applied under cec both myself and my wife were Outland applicant. But I travelled Canada in October on work permit and I was about to inform IRCC on my address change. But before that I got PPR letter asking to submit passport. But I followed step 1 in the letter and updated IRCC through webform stating primary applicant is in Canada and spouse is in India and we did not submit passport of my wife. I haven't heard back anything after that. Could you please let me know should we had submitted passport for my wife. Are we missing something here. Thanks