30-06-2021
Passport Req..
06-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2021
LANDED..........
28-11-2021
Hi,

Finally, CIC has sent an email to clarify the email sent for spouse PPR.
pls how did you get them to send this email? did you raise a webform or sent an email? if you sent an email, to which address pls?
i've raised a webform since october 6, but yet to get a response.

Sam_Ontario

Aug 28, 2021
Hi,
Our letter was addressed to the PA but clearly also referring to the Outland Dependent.
This is the confusing part, it was worded as if the PA don't yet have eCoPR and so was asking us to submit both our passports to an address in Canada.
From other comments here I already know that the PA passport part should be ignored, so I want to know if we should go ahead and use the current RFV letter and submit the passport to the VFS in my country or request for a new one through the webform, majorly because the submission address is in Canada..

*PA has eCoPR already.
Go Ahead and submit the passport of your dependent in her country. I have the same case. I am the PA and have not received the portal mail from the IRCC or ecopr yet but I had received the PPR for my Dependent who is in India. She submitted her passport and got the COPR. But she can come to Canada only when I get my landing instruction and ecopr.

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Go Ahead and submit the passport of your dependent in her country. I have the same case. I am the PA and have not received the portal mail from the IRCC or ecopr yet but I had received the PPR for my Dependent who is in India. She submitted her passport and got the COPR. But she can come to Canada only when I get my landing instruction and ecopr.
I think the only worry would be the dependent copr would be valid for 6 months from the date of stamping and if anytime IRCC delays PA copr generation then it might add up the risk..

peterjohn

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-07-2021
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2021
Passport Req..
06-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2021
LANDED..........
28-11-2021
Was the mailing address in the PPR a Canadian address?, its a Canadian address in ours.

peterjohn

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-07-2021
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2021
Passport Req..
06-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2021
LANDED..........
28-11-2021
It was Canadian Address i.e address of PA. It does not matter
@legalfalcon pls advise also
this is what I mean, see the information in step 4 below, should we go ahead and submit the passport to the VFS in the country or wait for the request for a new letter.

STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are.
Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

 If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
Passports Submission
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 6T2

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A., please submit by courier in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Last edited:

Sam_Ontario

Aug 28, 2021
@legalfalcon pls advise also
this is what I mean, see the information in step 4 below, should we go ahead and submit the passport to the VFS in the country or wait for the request for a new letter.

STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are.
Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

 If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
Passports Submission
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 6T2

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A., please submit by courier in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Oh that's confusing. I did not have step 4. I had only step till 3.

THis is what I had.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Vancouver Immigration office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.
Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, if you are unable to provide the requested documents by the due date, please advise our office. We understand that some documentation may be unobtainable at this time. Your application will not be refused because you are unable to provide the requested document on time.
STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.
Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:
o You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
o You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.
Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
b. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).
*** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary passport. ***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/
B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).
NOTE: Permanent Resident document(s) Validity
The issuance of your Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.
Once you receive your Permanent Resident document(s), please verify the information on it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform our Vancouver Immigration office via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp immediately. Your name will appear in the same format as it appears in your passport.
Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.
You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

sunnyR

Oct 25, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am PNP inland applicant (currently in Canada) with outland dependents(currently in India). Today I received RPV letter in my cic account from New Delhi office requesting passports. The PPR is addressed to me and has my UCI, is this passport request for my dependents ?
I myself have not received the portal email.

The most confusing part of the mail is where is says "If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa"
Does this mean I submit my passport in Canada and my dependents in India ? or is this outdated information and I should wait for portal mail and my dependents can meanwhile submit their passport in India ?

Vik18

Oct 27, 2021
Oh that's confusing. I did not have step 4. I had only step till 3.

THis is what I had.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Vancouver Immigration office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.
Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, if you are unable to provide the requested documents by the due date, please advise our office. We understand that some documentation may be unobtainable at this time. Your application will not be refused because you are unable to provide the requested document on time.
STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.
Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:
o You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
o You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.
Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
b. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).
*** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary passport. ***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/
B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).
NOTE: Permanent Resident document(s) Validity
The issuance of your Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.
Once you receive your Permanent Resident document(s), please verify the information on it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform our Vancouver Immigration office via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp immediately. Your name will appear in the same format as it appears in your passport.
Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.
You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.
Hello,
I am new to this discussion.
I have received the same letter as yours. However, the letter indicates my name and address with my UCI number. I am an inland PA and I have one dependent in India.
can you please advise me what I can do now?
Can I submit my wife's passport along with this letter to VFS?
Any help will be most appreciated
Thank you

Sam_Ontario

Aug 28, 2021
Hello,
I have received the same letter as yours. However, the letter indicates my name and address with my UCI number. I am an inland PA and I have one dependent in India.
Thank you
I had my name on the that letter but my wife's UCI number was mentioned instead of mine. My wife submitted her passoprt in India along with that letter and got COPR and one time entry visa stamped on her passport. I am still waiting for that portal mail. But I have read somewhere on the portal that if you have your name and UCI mentioned, its the PPR for for both of you and your dependent. I think that letter is better than mine. I think you should go ahead and get your dependents passport submitted along with that letter. She will definitely get the COPR and passport stamped.

Vik18

Oct 27, 2021
I had my name on the that letter but my wife's UCI number was mentioned instead of mine. My wife submitted her passoprt in India along with that letter and got COPR and one time entry visa stamped on her passport. I am still waiting for that portal mail. But I have read somewhere on the portal that if you have your name and UCI mentioned, its the PPR for for both of you and your dependent. I think that letter is better than mine. I think you should go ahead and get your dependents passport submitted along with that letter. She will definitely get the COPR and passport stamped.
Thank you for your clarification.
I have one question
For me, as I am inside Canada I just need to fill a web form and inform them about?

sunnyR

Oct 25, 2021
Hello,
Thank you
I received similar letter to this and called IRCC helpline to know more about it. The agent told me that I can submit my dependents passport India using the letter and to add a letter of explanation when applying through vfs mentioning that principal applicant will completing his process in Canada. The agent also asked me to rasie a webform to inform IRCC current country of residence for prinicipal applicant and dependents.

Vik18

Oct 27, 2021
I received similar letter to this and called IRCC helpline to know more about it. The agent told me that I can submit my dependents passport India using the letter and to add a letter of explanation when applying through vfs mentioning that principal applicant will completing his process in Canada. The agent also asked me to rasie a webform to inform IRCC current country of residence for prinicipal applicant and dependents.
Thank you for your update!