+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PA in Canada (CEC class) and PPR (Passport Request) for accompanying dependents

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi folks,

I don't think there is a dedicated thread to cases where PPR when Principal applicant is in Canada and Accompanying dependents are Outside of Canada.
I received the PPR letter and I am very confused as:
1) do I have to submit my passport as well - it requires so? (But I am already in Canada, and have COPR)
2) It mentions that if you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas) - which is OK, I will submit webform but how to proceed after?
2) How to proceed?

Any help would be very appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi folks,

I don't think there is a dedicated thread to cases where PPR when Principal applicant is in Canada and Accompanying dependents are Outside of Canada.
1) do I have to submit my passport as well - it requires so? (But I am already in Canada, and have COPR)
2) It mentions that if you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas) - which is OK, I will submit webform but how to proceed after?
2) How to proceed?

The PPR letter is only for your dependents outside Canada. If you have received a signed COPR, you are already a landed PR.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
The PPR letter is only for your dependents outside Canada. If you have received a signed COPR, you are already a landed PR.
Thank you Sir, that's what I thought!

Do I need to ignore that part where they ask for my passport and just present her details?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you Sir, that's what I thought!

Do I need to ignore that part where they ask for my passport and just present her details?
All correspondence is issued in the name of the PA only and not dependents.

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hi folks,

2) How to proceed?

In my case:
i ignored that line because i already received eCOPR so they knew i'm in canada.

you need to submit following doc. for dependent (i'm guessing dependent need visa to come to canada) : -
PPR letter
Passport (Spouse)
height and eye color info
2 photos
right to be PR fee (if not paid)
vfs consent form (for New Delhi VO - not sure about other ones)
vfs 2 way courier form (for New Delhi VO - not sure about other ones)

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
In my case:
i ignored that line because i already received eCOPR so they knew i'm in canada.

you need to submit following doc. for dependent (i'm guessing dependent need visa to come to canada) : -
PPR letter
Passport (Spouse)
height and eye color info
2 photos
right to be PR fee (if not paid)
vfs consent form (for New Delhi VO - not sure about other ones)
vfs 2 way courier form (for New Delhi VO - not sure about other ones)
Thank you so much!!!!

for the vfs consent form (for New Delhi VO - not sure about other ones) and vfs 2 way courier form (for New Delhi VO - not sure about other ones) - Did VFS provide you with the forms themselves?

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Everyone,

In case anyone has the same questions I had on PPR, below is what I am going to do:

NOTE: The "ready for visa" email is and will be addressed to Principal Applicant and includes PAs UCI and details. Not to worry - it is for your dependents.

1) If PA is in Canada, please submit a webform and inform them that you are in Canada and Dependent is overseas as per the email - if you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)
2) Contact your nearest Visa Application Centre - this can be found using the link below. Ask them what is required on your end and what needs to be provided - they will email you a detailed description
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html
3) Gather the required documents:
- Consent form (VAC will send it to you)
- Transmission payment receipt (payment receipt (VAC will indicate the amount and how to pay))
- Courier payment receipt (payment receipt (VAC will indicate the amount and how to pay))
- Your passport (dependent's)
- Letter print out (The "ready for visa" email)
- Your detailed address, recipient name and your contact information on a piece of paper. (including your e-mail address (This is for the dependents address as it will be shipped there))
- 2 pieces of 5x7 cm biometric photos, write the studio name, address and date of taking the photo on the back of the photo (for PR )
- Height, eye colour written on piece of paper as instructed.

This whole thing would need to be sent by courier to the VAC address.

Hope this helps someone at some point.

Reactions: mrugs.jani

BossB

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
They said;

This letter contains additional clarification to our previous correspondence regarding your request for passport(s).

While you have obtained your permanent resident status via a virtual landing process in Canada, your accompanying family member(s) residing overseas must contact our mission in their country of residence to obtain their Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa.

Even though the previous letter was addressed to you, the content of this letter is intended for your accompanying family members. Please advise them to follow the instructions specified in the letter.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
In my PPR request I didn’t receive anything about me confirming if I am in Canada via Webform. I don’t know if the PPR is specific to each applicant’s dependent country of residence

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi All,

I know most of you know this, but hope this might be helpful for someone.

Required Documents:
1. RFV letter.
2. Original Passport.
3. Two photos.
4. Copy of the receipt of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes).
6. VFS Consent form.
7. Courier and SMS form (depends on the country, this is for India).

Steps to be followed: ( Not sure of other countries, this is for India).
1. First u need to submit the webform to vfs for passport submission. One webform for one dependent and u need to submit one full package for one dependent. In the webform, select the catogory as PR and select yes or no for BIO. Then fill details of the dependent name as in passport, applicaiton no, contact info and address.
2. Once you submit the webform you will get a confirmation mail.
3. You will receive Payment link within 3 workign days, which is valid for 12 hrs only. If u missed to pay that then again u need to raise another webform.
4. Then they will assign airway bill number with 24 working hrs from the day of sucessful payment.
5. Courier guy from blue dart will collect the package from you, in the address that u mentioned in the webform after 3 to 5 days from the bill number generation.
6. As the airway bill have all the to and from address details, you can just address the package to "The Visa Officer, VFS Global Canada".
7. Once it is stamped, you will receive the COPR and Passport and number of days for stamping depends on the voulme of application in their queue.

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Finally, I just go the PPR for my wife and the Confirmation request portal today. I Just have one question can I send her passport to VFS for stamping or do I need to have the PR first then only she can send her passport request to VFS for stamping.
Please advise
AOR - Dec2020 (inland and outland)
Remedica request - 25th Aug
Remedial Passed - 15th Sep
Request Letter - 09th Oct
Confirmation portal - 09th Oct

Last edited:
Reactions: mrugs.jani

peterjohn

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-07-2021
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2021
Passport Req..
06-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2021
LANDED..........
28-11-2021
Hi,
Our letter was addressed to the PA but clearly also referring to the Outland Dependent.
This is the confusing part, it was worded as if the PA don't yet have eCoPR and so was asking us to submit both our passports to an address in Canada.
From other comments here I already know that the PA passport part should be ignored, so I want to know if we should go ahead and use the current RFV letter and submit the passport to the VFS in my country or request for a new one through the webform, majorly because the submission address is in Canada..

*PA has eCoPR already.

Last edited: