+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PA COPR want to include dependents

Wasi rafi

Oct 13, 2017
Hi all,
Last week I got my passport stamped for PR along with my copr. I did not want my wife and children to accompany in the begining and wanted them to join a couple of months later once i settle down. Hence i marked them all as un accompanying and paid only my PR fees total 1040CAD.
Things have now changed (i have a job in canada) and i want to them to travel along with me. How can i do this. The last date of entry for me is april 2018. FYI they have UCI numbers medical ans police clearance all done. Their names mention in my COPR.

Kindly tell me how can i apply for their pr when i PA did.not land i canada yet

I sent an email to embassy in abu dhabi and riyadh none of them replied back. Even checked the CIC website all i could find was family class sponsorship which takes 12 months that too after i land in canada. Plus getting documents like police clearqnce from saudi is a very length and tiring process

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi all,
Last week I got my passport stamped for PR along with my copr. I did not want my wife and children to accompany in the begining and wanted them to join a couple of months later once i settle down. Hence i marked them all as un accompanying and paid only my PR fees total 1040CAD.
Things have now changed (i have a job in canada) and i want to them to travel along with me. How can i do this. The last date of entry for me is april 2018. FYI they have UCI numbers medical ans police clearance all done. Their names mention in my COPR.

Kindly tell me how can i apply for their pr when i PA did.not land i canada yet

I sent an email to embassy in abu dhabi and riyadh none of them replied back. Even checked the CIC website all i could find was family class sponsorship which takes 12 months that too after i land in canada. Plus getting documents like police clearqnce from saudi is a very length and tiring process
Your family members were declared as non-accompanying. This means that you have to sponsor them from the start. You can NOT use any of the previous medicals, police checks, etc. There is no "fast-track" here. You marked them as non-accompanying which means they have to go through a whole separate process to get PR, called family sponsorship.

It is the whole point of declaring someone as "non-accompanying" that these additional family members get no special treatment regarding PR.

You have to land as a Permanent Resident and you must reside in Canada to be able to sponsor them. You can't sponsor them while living abroad.

Find the details for a sponsorship application here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
You wanted them to come just 2 months later and you marked them as accompanying! Oh my friend! Why did you do that??!! Didn't you know that you have upto 6 months from receiving the CoPR to land?

I think the best you can do now is call them on a tourist visa while you start the whole process of sponsoring. To initiate which you would need to first get a job I think.