+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng. mandatory to work for any oragnization

Iwantout90

Jan 27, 2018
Hi folks,

Please clear this thing up for me. I have a Bachelor's degree from India and a Master's degree from the US. NOC 2141. I have 2-year work experience. I was wondering if I have to compulsorily obtain P. Eng. in order to work for any company in Ontario. Furthermore, I believe we require a 48-month work experience in order to apply for P. Eng.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Regards,
Iwantout

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Hi folks,

Please clear this thing up for me. I have a Bachelor's degree from India and a Master's degree from the US. NOC 2141. I have 2-year work experience. I was wondering if I have to compulsorily obtain P. Eng. in order to work for any company in Ontario. Furthermore, I believe we require a 48-month work experience in order to apply for P. Eng.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Regards,
Iwantout
It's not mandatory to have a license to practice in Ontario, there are people working in the engineering sector without p eng.

Now focus on employment.

I am an Instrument and Control engineer looking for employment. Got few calls where nobody asked for a license. But, you should apply for one.

Iwantout90

Jan 27, 2018
It's not mandatory to have a license to practice in Ontario, there are people working in the engineering sector without p eng.

Now focus on employment.

I am an Instrument and Control engineer looking for employment. Got few calls where nobody asked for a license. But, you should apply for one.
Thanks for the reply. If I understood correctly, unless the job description specifically asks for P. Eng. license, I can apply and take up that job.

Reactions: Kalsiharjot

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for the reply. If I understood correctly, unless the job description specifically asks for P. Eng. license, I can apply and take up that job.
You got it right, if they require they will mention it in the job description.
So bro,
kick start your job search aggressively.