+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P Eng in Canada with 17 years experience take questions

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi, Thanks for taking the time out. I have a few questions:
1. What is your discipline and field?
2. Which province are you registered with?
3. I am going to Ontario and need to register as an E.I.T (I am an aero major with 3 years plant project experience in mech field). Is there anything I need to know before I arrive there?

engineerPEng

Nov 11, 2017
1. What is your discipline and field?
Civil - Structural Engineering
2. Which province are you registered with?
I am registered with PEO (Ontario) too
3. I am going to Ontario and need to register as an E.I.T (I am an aero major with 3 years plant project experience in mech field). Is there anything I need to know before I arrive there?
- Check out PEO website www.peo.on.ca
- Prepare to bring/mail all necessary documents as required by PEO.
- Bombardier is the major aerospace industry
Check their website. Learn how to fit your experience and how you offer your values to them.
https://businessaircraft.bombardier.com/en?mkwid=r3iuKmiu&pcrid=13795648621&kw=bombardier&pmt=be&pdv=c
- Be mindful about your expectation when you move to a new country. Must have a positive attitude.
- There are reasons employers require/prefer Canadian experience .
Read and research Canadian culture and ways of life. Canadians and Americans are different. What you see on US movies are not the same as Canadian ways. There are some similarities, but there are plenty of differences.
- You can get a job first, before getting E.I.T designation. Depends on the people who do hiring. If you have a job that is somehow related to your field, it will be easier and faster to register with PEO.
- Best of luck.