+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Jun 9, 2023
Salut les amis
Je suis dans le même bateau, car je suis diplômé en électrotechnique et je veux améliorer ma formation professionnel a l’étranger et travailler en même temps en tant qu’apprenti.

Aswin Kumar

Mar 18, 2020
You asked it in such a way that you were looking for someone particular (applied to APEGA, has Masters, recently assigned FE) rather than anyone who could answer your underlying question.

When your education is assessed, it is assessed against a standard syllabus course by course.

https://www.apega.ca/apply/membership/exams/technical/courses

If you were assigned the FE, there were gaps between your education and the standard syllabus.

A Masters degree is not especially helpful at filling these gaps as most of the classes you would take in a Masters degree fall outside the standard syllabus.

Did they not give you the option to write technical exams instead of the FE exam?

https://techexam.ca/2023/01/what-is-a-technical-exam-your-ladder-to-professional-engineer

https://techexam.ca/2022/11/what-you-should-know-about-the-fundamentals-of-engineering-exam-fe-exam
I got my EIT approved today. Thanks for all the insights during the process.

Reactions: Ed Doetzel
May 19, 2023
My application is still stuck at experience examination. I was hoping to have my case to board happening on August, but now I look forward into September!

Reactions: sls

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020

redhat1991

Jun 14, 2023
Hi guys, if my overseas experiences are validated by non-PEng practitioners. What are the basic requirements for the validators. What information will be asked to validators during the assessment. anyone got experience?

sls

Mar 11, 2017
Hi guys, if my overseas experiences are validated by non-PEng practitioners. What are the basic requirements for the validators? What information will be asked to validators during the assessment. anyone got experience?
I've got a similar situation. My non-Peng validator received the same forms as any other validators. But mine is still in process.

May 19, 2023
My case was similar. The process administrator, assigned to my file, also requested my validators to briefly describe their engineering background and experience or provide their resumes. But the validation forms were the same as my PEng validator

redhat1991

Jun 14, 2023
My case was similar. The process administrator, assigned to my file, also requested my validators to briefly describe their engineering background and experience or provide their resumes. But the validation forms were the same as my PEng validator
How many years of experience do your non-PEng validators have?. So basically, is it sufficient for non-PEng validators to provide their CV and degree?

redhat1991

Jun 14, 2023
I've got a similar situation. My non-Peng validator received the same forms as any other validators. But mine is still in process.
Are your non-PEng validators registered as Professional Engineers in their respective countries?