+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP sent back.

riko12

May 6, 2013
Hello guys!

After all the entire paper scrambling in order to send my common law inland application, I finally did and has landed in the CIC in vegreville safely. Then today in my mail I get this package from CIC. When I looked at it it was my OWP that I sent together with my common law inland application and apparently I missed signing the application form for that! ZOMG. (what an idiot)

So now I'm going to send this package back asap after signing the OWP application form. Here is the question. I have my own UCI number separate from the commonlaw inland application UCI number as I am on my PWGP right now. Should I just refer to both on my letter that I'm planning to send together explaining everything? I'm just worried they are going to be processing my OWP first when my commonlaw inland application is not being processed yet!! I mean the envelope that had my OWP application in which clearly stated "processed upon first stage approval" did't do its job? Hopefully they have their own way of doing things.... (my logical thinking on how documents are processed in CIC may be entirely wrong. lol)

Any advice and comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

When you submit an app, they look at EVERYTHING when they first open it. It's good that they noticed it now instead of after sponsor approval or you would have had to wait even longer for the permit while they sent the form back.

You do not need to refer to your PGWP. Just give the details for the inland sponsorship app. As well, write across the top of the actual OWP form in big letters "OWP FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION" or something similar. That will keep it from being processed before you have sponsor approval.

riko12

May 6, 2013
Hi canuck_in_uk!

Thanks so much for the swift reply + clearing things up for me. I'll make sure the big letter happens - don't want to mess it up again!