+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP returned from Mississauga Office - please help

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi @gallagher11 and/or @Mice - we are in a similar situation. However, I have not yet applied for the restoration of visitors status yet, should I apply that first and then re-mail as per the instruction by attaching the receipt for remaining $155 ? or should I leave the two separate and apply for restoration online ?

Note: due to current timelines, our PR application is at "Medical Passed" status so we may get our PR by the time we sort this madness.

Appreciate your help on this.
Hi Nshilu,

It's been a while since I've read these forums and kept up to date on the details and technicalities of maintaining legal status in Canada, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But from our experience, we did not need to apply for a restoration of status. Although they had returned my wife's OWP, they began processing her PR application (and it sounds like they are doing the same in your case), so you should already have implied status.

In our case, we had just re-submitted the OWP to the Edmonton office with the fee. As I mentioned above, this was pointless because they ended up approving the OWP just 5 days before they gave CoPR.

Reactions: Nshilu

Nshilu

Nov 10, 2021
Hi Nshilu,

It's been a while since I've read these forums and kept up to date on the details and technicalities of maintaining legal status in Canada, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But from our experience, we did not need to apply for a restoration of status. Although they had returned my wife's OWP, they began processing her PR application (and it sounds like they are doing the same in your case), so you should already have implied status.

In our case, we had just re-submitted the OWP to the Edmonton office with the fee. As I mentioned above, this was pointless because they ended up approving the OWP just 5 days before they gave CoPR.
Hi @gallagher11 - Thanks a lot for the response. Really appreciate it. That is my understanding as well and very likely going to follow suite on this one.

On other note, I know this wasn't true in your case but wanted to check if you knew what happens if I get my CoPR and I am on "implied/maintained" status or for that matter out of status i.e. if they don't consider my OWP application and don't end up restoring the status by the time CoPR arrives? Does it have any negative impact at the time of landing interview or anything ?