+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP for Spouse - Pinas

FordBryan

Aug 13, 2014
Hello:

I would like to seek for help and guidance.

My wife went to Squamish, BC last April 2014 as a Temporary Worker (with working visa valid up to 2 years) and since I am also employed or has a job in our home country (Philippines), I did not joined her TFW (Temporary Foreign Worker) application. Although I noticed in her application that there is a box to be marked if the spouse "will be accompanying" the applicant, and we ticked-mark "not accompanying".

With that, I am thinking that if I will be applying for an Open Work Permit (as my wife's derivative), would that taint my OWP application? As originally, I did not joined my wife's TFW application. I have now thought that I should have joined her application by submitting the application form together (TFW for my wife and OWP for me). Although, I can not go back to that moment and my only choice is to apply for my own OWP.

In addition to the information given, I have also applied for a Visitor's Visa (TRV) last June 2014 and I was refused based on ties. To give more information, my wife went to Canada as a TFW last April 2014, and we were married May 2011 (been married for more than 3 years), still has no kids/dependents, and I am currently employed here in our home country (Philippines).

Now, I am thinking that aside from the fact that I was refused for a TRV (my plan was to visit her, but it looks like I would not be able to do so, which resulted in my thinking that in order to join my wife, I should then have my OWP).

Given the refusal for TRV (based on ties), what do you suggest I include in my OWP application? What documents or letter should I include to make my application stronger?

Thank you for taking time reading my letter, hoping for your kind reply.