+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP for International-Student's spouse

iaredi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I am an international student, right now living in Saint John New Brunswick. I arrived in Canada on December 27, 2020. My husband applied for an OWP on January 9th, but he has not received the response even though the processing time on canada.ca stated only 2 weeks. We received the following letter on Feb 07, 2021:

Dear NAME
Please quote this reference number when referring to this application.

My immigration and citizenship application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

www.cic.gc.ca

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on _______2021/01/09___________(yyyy/mm/dd).

IMM5739 E (10-2020) GCMS

When will IRCC contact me?
You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application. If IRCC
needs your physical passport, IRCC will request that you submit it to our office. IRCC will also
contact you if we require additional information, documents or an interview. For general guidance on your application visit My immigration and citizenship application or consult the “What Happens Next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.
Please do not send to IRCC any documentation related to this online application by mail, courier
or fax. Any mail received, other than what is received in your account, will NOT be considered.
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. Please refer to the following page for processing times related to your
application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.
CAUTION: Do not submit multiple applications for the same service in an effort to speed up your
application. Doing this may result in both applications being processed and delay the finalization
of your application. IRCC does not refund processed applications.
Unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence
to notifying us of changes in your application.
For additional information, consult the IRCC website at www.cic.gc.ca.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Does anybody go through the same situation?