+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP for husband - advice please!

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
Hi all,
could do with a bit of advice about moving to Saskatchewan. I am being positive and hoping my LMO should come through very soon - it's been 10 weeks now!!
I know that if I get a temporary work permit with my LMO, my husband can get an open work permit and we can do all this at point of entry (we're coming from the UK). However, there is a chance that we won't both be able to go over together, husband may have to stay here for a while to sell our house and so on! If we travel to Canada separately, what happens about his OWP? Can he apply for it in the UK? What does he need (document-wise) to do this?
cheers!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

doctorcoffee said:
Hi all,
could do with a bit of advice about moving to Saskatchewan. I am being positive and hoping my LMO should come through very soon - it's been 10 weeks now!!
I know that if I get a temporary work permit with my LMO, my husband can get an open work permit and we can do all this at point of entry (we're coming from the UK). However, there is a chance that we won't both be able to go over together, husband may have to stay here for a while to sell our house and so on! If we travel to Canada separately, what happens about his OWP? Can he apply for it in the UK? What does he need (document-wise) to do this?
cheers!
1. 2 choices, he could apply in the UK, or apply at the POE when he arrives, with a copy of your valid work permit and proof of the relationship, i.e. marriage certificate.