+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP Approved, Never Arrived

DrewAP

Nov 14, 2017
My Open Work Permit was approved and I was sent a notice through e-mail that it was active around the beginning of March. As of today (5/15/18), I still haven't received my physical copy of the permit in the mail. I've double checked the address on my application forms and confirmed that it matches the address I currently reside at (which is in Canada by the way).

I've tried contacting the CIC through their phone number to no avail (no matter what time of the day, be it 8AM or in the afternoon, Mon - Fri).
Do I really have no other recourse other than submitting a document and paying a fee for someone's mistake on the delivery of a document that I already paid for?

Edit: If it helps any, I live in London, ON and it's been roughly 72 days since the permit has been approved. I've been trying to contact the CIC since day 56 (or after 6 weeks as recommended on the website)

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It took just over a working week to get mine, but I suppose it depends where you are in the Country. You will get it don't worry.

DrewAP

Nov 14, 2017
It took just over a working week to get mine, but I suppose it depends where you are in the Country. You will get it don't worry.
If it helps any, I live in London, ON and it's been roughly 72 days since the permit has been approved. I've been trying to contact the CIC since day 42 (or after 6 weeks as recommended on the website)

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would recommend to keep trying to call them. Try at different times of the day and send a case specific query if you still can't get through. That sounds far too long for a big place like London.