+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP Application & Fee

patty34

Apr 12, 2010
Hello,

I am American and so is my legally married spouse. I am a skilled worker applying for a temporary work permit (with my LMO) at the LA consulate. I will be including $150 for my temporary work permit in my application packet.

My spouse is coming to Canada with me and because I am a skilled worker, he qualifies for an open work permit. Do I send the LA office another $150 in my application packet to cover the cost of his open work permit (for a total of $300 for both permits)? Or does he obtain his open work permit at the port of entry and I pay his $150 open work permit fee at the port of entry?

Thank you,

Patty

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
patty34 said:
Hello,

I am American and so is my legally married spouse. I am a skilled worker applying for a temporary work permit (with my LMO) at the LA consulate. I will be including $150 for my temporary work permit in my application packet.

My spouse is coming to Canada with me and because I am a skilled worker, he qualifies for an open work permit. Do I send the LA office another $150 in my application packet to cover the cost of his open work permit (for a total of $300 for both permits)? Or does he obtain his open work permit at the port of entry and I pay his $150 open work permit fee at the port of entry?

Thank you,

Patty
You can submit one application for the two of you. Enter his name in the space provided on the application form and mark as accompanying; pay the cost recovery fee for the two of you. You can then obtain the WP for yourself (skilled) and an OWP for your spouse at the POE. Or since you don't need TRVs to enter Canada, you can both present yourselves at the POE with your job offer and LMO and obtain your work permits at a port of entry (if you are close to the border).