+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP and PGWP FSW applicants - I called CIC about proof of funds.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
dobes said:
For what it's worth, I called CIC this morning about the proof of funds requirement.

My question: I am currently in Canada, working on an open work permit. I do not have an LMIA, but I got an invitation to apply under FSW. Will my current salary, supported by T4 and NOA, be enough to meet my proof of funds requirement?

The answer: Yes. If the officer wants more, they will let you know.

Now, of course what they say on the phone is not always reliable. It would be great if someone else could reproduce this result and post it here, to be more sure. But I really think people with jobs under OWPs and PGWPs should think for a minute before turning down FSW invitations! There is no guarantee you will get a second one under CEC, and your salary and tax forms really could be enough as far as proof of funds!

I have a doubt regarding proof of funds. If we are applying from within Canada, do we have to submit statement of past 6 months? Or just the letter from bank is enough?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAJ_ee2015 said:
I have a doubt regarding proof of funds. If we are applying from within Canada, do we have to submit statement of past 6 months? Or just the letter from bank is enough?
Just the letter mentioning the average balance of past 6 months. CIC doesn't ask for bank statements.

jasmine4u

Dec 17, 2014
Well... might sound strange but i wasn't asked for proof of funds. I dont have lmia.. qualified under cec got ita last Saturday. Declared 0 dollars.
have a full time job... been working for 2year continuous.

I'm still surprised at this..anyone with similar experience?

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
jasmine4u said:
Well... might sound strange but i wasn't asked for proof of funds. I dont have lmia.. qualified under cec got ita last Saturday. Declared 0 dollars.
have a full time job... been working for 2year continuous.

I'm still surprised at this..anyone with similar experience?
for CEC, proof of fund is not required. I'm applying under FSW and hence its required.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
I called CIC today and they said that they do not answer any questions about express entry!!
For the proof of funds, it says that any large deposits need to be explained. Do you think that writing that ai deposited cash that I had at home would be suffiecient? Or would that be suspicious?

BBadh

Mar 15, 2023
Hi folks
Hope you all doing well!!

I got the FSW ITA one month ago. I am currently in Canada working on a PGWP Open Work Permit for 2 years with the same employer. My job is not LMIA approved.

Q1) Do I require to show Proof of Funds ?
Q2) Is my job is considered as a Valid Job Offer ?
Q3) Is it okay if I go with FSW invitation or should wait for CEC ITA ?