+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP and implied status

bian07

May 19, 2017
I have applied inland this month with an owp as well, but am still waiting for my visitor record to be approved since february, so I still have implied status from that.

I just wanted to confirm that since I applied while being on implied status it means that I would only get the work permit now when I get the AIP? If I get the visitor record before I receive an AOR, and send in a webform regarding the status change, would that have an impact on the owp?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have applied inland this month with an owp as well, but am still waiting for my visitor record to be approved since february, so I still have implied status from that.

I just wanted to confirm that since I applied while being on implied status it means that I would only get the work permit now when I get the AIP? If I get the visitor record before I receive an AOR, and send in a webform regarding the status change, would that have an impact on the owp?
You applied with valid status, so you qualify for the OWP as normal.

Reactions: bian07

bian07

May 19, 2017
You applied with valid status, so you qualify for the OWP as normal.
Thank you so much
So that information about that is false? Some in the Facebook groups are saying that if you apply on implied status you'd get the work permit after aip

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much
So that information about that is false? Some in the Facebook groups are saying that if you apply on implied status you'd get the work permit after aip
I'm not sure why people are saying that. Qualifying for the OWP requires valid status at the time of applying. Implied Status is valid status.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
@canuck_in_uk i have a question regarding this, im on an implied status, i will apply pr by may 2021, im under implied status and didnnt get visitor record yet, my question is, can i include owp? or just pr and apply owp later after i get visitor record. thank you so much in advance. i appreciatte your answer. have a great weekend.

Mex-i-can

Mar 2, 2021
@canuck_in_uk i have a question regarding this, im on an implied status, i will apply pr by may 2021, im under implied status and didnnt get visitor record yet, my question is, can i include owp? or just pr and apply owp later after i get visitor record. thank you so much in advance. i appreciatte your answer. have a great weekend.
In the same position here. I will be applying for OWP and PR at the same time in order to ensure continued implied status. The OWP gives you implied status.