+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner-Operator policy

ahmeddiab76

Nov 19, 2010
Hello
I'm currently looking for same information ... i'm already a business owner in Ontario and looking for this info to plan for PR

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
I am doing this and the process is fairly simple, apply for LMIA for business owner, once positive apply for work permit, once received, use that for 200 points in Express entry application to apply for PR

Reactions: M.jal

AndrewLiu0125

Sep 17, 2019
I am doing this and the process is fairly simple, apply for LMIA for business owner, once positive apply for work permit, once received, use that for 200 points in Express entry application to apply for PR
Could you still apply LMIA if you own 100% of a business? Because I saw IRCC said don't need LMIA if own over 50%, but I want to get LMIA to add my EE points.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Could you still apply LMIA if you own 100% of a business? Because I saw IRCC said don't need LMIA if own over 50%, but I want to get LMIA to add my EE points.
yes, if you own 100% of the a business, you can apply for LMIA, get work permit and use the points for EE

Sep 28, 2019
Greetings of the day.please i have an up coming conference which is to take place in Montreal Canada in November 15.please i which to know about the visa procedure and the types of documents which are required from me

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

broko85

Jul 3, 2017
hiya i saw this and wanted to know once you get the approval as and owner operator, you then need to do an application for a work permit and (need the company which you own) provide you with a job offer to get the 200 points? or do you need to be running your business for a while before you can get the 200 points?

Any guideance on your experience would be appreciated.
Thanks
Atash

megha29

Dec 17, 2019
hey ,

has anyone bought any existing business, or can some one guide about how to evaluate a business and how to start up new.

Regards,
Megha

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
hiya i saw this and wanted to know once you get the approval as and owner operator, you then need to do an application for a work permit and (need the company which you own) provide you with a job offer to get the 200 points? or do you need to be running your business for a while before you can get the 200 points?

Thanks
Atash
Depends on your NOC code, anything with 00 is 200 points, and i think Noc starting with 0 (not 00) A and B are 50 points only.

You do not need to be running the business to get the extra points. The points are solely for a job offer (after positive LMIA)

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019

Thanks
Atash
You will get 200 points on the basis of the Positive LMIA in regards to NOC 00 but keep in my one the requirement for this kind of LMIA is to create at least one job for Canadian residence. You would have to keep running the business for this purpose.
Basically you will be asking the ESDC that you cannot run the business without you being able to present and work in Canada in your own business and so you need a work permit.
on the basis of this they will issue an LMIA which you can use to apply for work permit for up-to 2 years and can use it in express entry to get additional 200 points.