+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner-Operator policy

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I wish there would be some clarity on what constitutes as "small" by IRCC. I think they are trying to mimic the E2 visa in the US by keeping it vague and arbitrary.
One lawyer I spoke to did an actual transaction that involved an auto-detailing shop priced at $130K. Again... estimates are all over the place...
Hello, I hope you are doing well and safe.
Please advise if you have found a buyer or business partner already for your business?

nitingupta85

Nov 4, 2020
Anyone who is successfull for Visa, now I think C11 visa is better as compared to owner operator. Any one has done whole process by his own or if consulted then how much charges he took.

corporatewokerlady

Mar 8, 2021
Anyone who is successfull for Visa, now I think C11 visa is better as compared to owner operator. Any one has done whole process by his own or if consulted then how much charges he took.
Does it mean once the person applies for a C11 visa they will not be qualified for express entry coz C11 leads to a different program?

corporatewokerlady

Mar 8, 2021
Yes C11 is a close match but need to amend your plan to match with its requirements. Anyone here who applied C11 may guide us better
As per YouTuber, I learned this o/o is not permanently closed but it involves LMIA advertising. My issue is the employer is doing a Joint venture and I suspect the start-up business is not qualified for o/o
Are you thinking about getting dual intent LMIA as well?

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
As per YouTuber, I learned this o/o is not permanently closed but it involves LMIA advertising. My issue is the employer is doing a Joint venture and I suspect the start-up business is not qualified for o/o
Are you thinking about getting dual intent LMIA as well?
A startup can be considered for O/O. The tricky part is to demonstrate the "Active and Operational " aspect of the business. If the startup is in Norming phase then it's very difficult to demonstrate this.

Reactions: corporatewokerlady

corporatewokerlady

Mar 8, 2021
Stage 2 – Applying for Permanent Residence after IMP C11

Despite limitations on dual intent, an applicant who moves to Canada under this program and works for at least one year could apply under the Federal Skilled Worker program category through the Express Entry system. To apply for permanent residency, you need to meet the following criteria:

• Actively manage your business in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months with a valid work permit. This option is important as you will receive up to 340 CRS points (conditions apply – subject to change in the future)
  • Meet the minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Enter the Express Entry pool and receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC
Is this info from this link accurate?