+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner Operator LMIA(NOC 0 not NOC 00) approved, what is the pathway to PR, Does anyone know?

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
To even be eligible for EE, you need to have 67 points. You are not eligible at this time. Having an Owner Operator LMIA doesn’t guarantee PR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
Can I apply Manitoba PNP skilled worker overseas stream? Like after getting more than six months work experience is Manitoba?
It seems my last bet is MPNP nomination to get 600 points.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not right now. But if I change my employer after 6 or 7 months then can i be eligible for that said stream?
Read through the link and understand the program. You need to find a Canadian employer who can't hire anyone locally (Canadian or PR). They will need to pay $1000 to apply. Then if approved you apply for a closed work permit.

Ongoing Manitoba employment means that a Manitoba company has offered you a long-term, full-time job after you have completed at least six months (continuous) full-time employment with that company as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate. The MPNP will only issue a work permit support letter to you if there is a demonstrated employee-employer relationship.

So no you can't change employers.

Also the program is based on points so you need a high score to be nominated. Are you even eligible due to age and education.

Determine Your Eligibility – Skilled Workers Overseas | Manitoba Immigration Pathways (immigratemanitoba.com)

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Read through the link and understand the program. You need to find a Canadian employer who can't hire anyone locally (Canadian or PR). They will need to pay $1000 to apply. Then if approved you apply for a closed work permit.

Ongoing Manitoba employment means that a Manitoba company has offered you a long-term, full-time job after you have completed at least six months (continuous) full-time employment with that company as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate. The MPNP will only issue a work permit support letter to you if there is a demonstrated employee-employer relationship.

So no you can't change employers.

Also the program is based on points so you need a high score to be nominated. Are you even eligible due to age and education.

Determine Your Eligibility – Skilled Workers Overseas | Manitoba Immigration Pathways (immigratemanitoba.com)
So, my last hope is Express Entry. Right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, my last hope is Express Entry. Right?
You should be consulting with a Canadian immigration lawyer. At this point, you are not eligible for EE to even submit a profile.

For PNP entrepreneur programs, you should have applied prior to coming to Canada. Then you would have gone through their process and been approved. You would have come to Canada on a work permit. After a year, you could have been nominated. Assume you have the net wealth, the business plan, money to put into the business etc.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
You should be consulting with a Canadian immigration lawyer. At this point, you are not eligible for EE to even submit a profile.

For PNP entrepreneur programs, you should have applied prior to coming to Canada. Then you would have gone through their process and been approved. You would have come to Canada on a work permit. After a year, you could have been nominated. Assume you have the net wealth, the business plan, money to put into the business etc.
Ok. Thanks a lot for your time and help.

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hi Friends
Looking for help.

I am trying to immigrate to Canada through Owner Operator LMIA, I’ve got LMIA approved on July(JOB CODE 0621,not a 00 JOB), and preparing to apply for work permit.
My question is what is my pathway to PR? ,My EE score is about 300, after LMIA approved EE score is 350.
BTW, My company was registered in BC, can i move to another province to run my business after the work permit is approved?

Thanks for your help.
Did you get your work permit approved?