+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner Operator LMIA(NOC 0 not NOC 00) approved, what is the pathway to PR, Does anyone know?

danielma2021

Jul 4, 2021
China,shenzhen
Category........
BUSINESS
NOC Code......
Hi Friends
Looking for help.

I am trying to immigrate to Canada through Owner Operator LMIA, I’ve got LMIA approved on July(JOB CODE 0621,not a 00 JOB), and preparing to apply for work permit.
My question is what is my pathway to PR? ,My EE score is about 300, after LMIA approved EE score is 350.
BTW, My company was registered in BC, can i move to another province to run my business after the work permit is approved?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

atulmaini

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
18th March2014
AOR Received.
18 April 2014
File Transfer...
18 April 2014
Med's Done....
13th Nov 2013
Interview........
IP on 19th Sep and DM on 23rd Sep 2014
Passport Req..
22nd Sep 2014
VISA ISSUED...
1st Oct 2014
LANDED..........
very soon
The LMIA you might have received would be closed work permit which means you cannot work for any other company or nit even at any other location . So I dont think you can move anywhere apart from what's approved on your work permit

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Hi Friends
Looking for help.

I am trying to immigrate to Canada through Owner Operator LMIA, I’ve got LMIA approved on July(JOB CODE 0621,not a 00 JOB), and preparing to apply for work permit.
My question is what is my pathway to PR? ,My EE score is about 300, after LMIA approved EE score is 350.
BTW, My company was registered in BC, can i move to another province to run my business after the work permit is approved?

Thanks for your help.
@danielma2021 could you figure out your PR pathway? If yes then let me know please.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Look at PNP entrepreneur program.
I have seen Manitoba business/entrepreneur PNP and did not get anything there regarding owner operator. And owner operators can not apply as skilled workers in Manitoba stream after six months of work experience, though they hold a work visa too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have seen Manitoba business/entrepreneur PNP and did not get anything there regarding owner operator. And owner operators can not apply as skilled workers in Manitoba stream after six months of work experience, though they hold a work visa too.
So you are working and living in Manitoba. Do you meet requirements for PNP stream for those living and working in the province.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
So you are working and living in Manitoba. Do you meet requirements for PNP stream for those living and working in the province.
Yes. I am living and working in Manitoba on owner operator work permit. But I could not figure out that which PNP stream actually i qualify for as an owner operator.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes. I am living and working in Manitoba on owner operator work permit. But I could not figure out that which PNP stream actually i qualify for as an owner operator.
Contact Manitoba Immigration to find out if eligible for the Skilled Workers in Manitoba program. Or look at PR through Express Entry.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Contact Manitoba Immigration to find out if eligible for the Skilled Workers in Manitoba program. Or look at PR through Express Entry.
It is clearly mentioned on Manitoba PNP immigration website that self employed and owner operators are not eligible for Skilled workers in Manitoba PNP stream. But i am confused about Manitoba entrepreneur PNP stream that do i qualify for it or not. I need Manitoba PNP nomination to get enough CRS for Express Entry.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is clearly mentioned on Manitoba PNP immigration website that self employed and owner operators are not eligible for Skilled workers in Manitoba PNP stream. But i am confused about Manitoba entrepreneur PNP stream that do i qualify for it or not. I need Manitoba PNP nomination to get enough CRS for Express Entry.
You already have the business so I don’t believe you can be nominated. Assume your net worth is a minium of $500k and have invested a minium of $150k outside of Winnipeg. Manitoba PNP is not through EE.

https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/business-investor-stream/

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
You already have the business so I don’t believe you can be nominated. Assume your net worth is a minium of $500k and have invested a minium of $150k outside of Winnipeg. Manitoba PNP is not through EE.

https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/business-investor-stream/
Thanks for the link. I discussed this whole situation with an immigration consultant in Winnipeg and he said that i do not qualify for the entrepreneur stream. But he could not give me some satisfactory details.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the link. I discussed this whole situation with an immigration consultant in Winnipeg and he said that i do not qualify for the entrepreneur stream. But he could not give me some satisfactory details.
Well the the requirements are clearly listed. You are either eligible or not. Because you already have a business and didn‘t go through the business investor stream in the first place, most likely you are not. Manitoba immigration programs are not tied to Express Entry anyways.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Well the the requirements are clearly listed. You are either eligible or not. Because you already have a business and didn‘t go through the business investor stream in the first place, most likely you are not. Manitoba immigration programs are not tied to Express Entry anyways.
Thanks for your reply. I know Manitoba PNP is not tied to Express Entry but i need PNP nomination to apply PR through Express Entey. My CRS are very low due to my age and education.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I know Manitoba PNP is not tied to Express Entry but i need PNP nomination to apply PR through Express Entey. My CRS are very low due to my age and education.
So if you are not eligible for Manitoba PNP then you will not get nominated. You need to talk to Manitoba Immigration as I don’t know how you would even be eligible under business stream since you set up a business before the nomination. Are you even eligible for EE to set up a profile?

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
So if you are not eligible for Manitoba PNP then you will not get nominated. You need to talk to Manitoba Immigration as I don’t know how you would even be eligible under business stream since you set up a business before the nomination. Are you even eligible for EE to set up a profile?
I have no idea that I am eligible for EE or not. I am 48 and my qualification is just high school. But i have strong business experience of last many years.
May be i am eligible for CEC after one year. But self employed do not qualify for CEC too.