+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overtime - application rejected

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
ukie said:
then why they added the comment "For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid employment over a period at least of 12 months will also be considered."

OMG...I am 5 weeks short for 52 weeks of which I worked at least 37.5 hours.

:-[
When did you apply? If you didn't receive AOR yet, you can withdraw your application, complete 5 weeks of work, few more to make sure it's more than 52 weeks, and then resend it.

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
It wasn't a "sweeping comment". He said "OMG...I am 5 weeks short for 52 weeks of which I worked at least 37.5 hours. ".

He said he was short. It's not for responders to request further information, they can only go on what information is provided.
This comment only referred to the weeks when s/he worked at least 37.5 hours, not the total number of weeks worked prior to submission.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noc4012 said:
When did you apply? If you didn't receive AOR yet, you can withdraw your application, complete 5 weeks of work, few more to make sure it's more than 52 weeks, and then resend it.
I think he meant he was 5 weeks sort of full time hours, he has in fact worked a lot more than 52 weeks so should be fine. His first post didn't make that clear.

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
jsm0085 said:
Well that's different! You said x weeks short of 52... You have worked a lot more than 52 weeks so your application should be fine! Providing detailed information will result in you getting better answers! ;)

I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck.
but,

althou the high number of working hours and weeks,

Mine is still

47 weeks of at least 37.5 hours
15 weeks less than 37.5 hours.

this is what i am worring.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GinnyPi said:
This comment only referred to the weeks when s/he worked at least 37.5 hours, not the total number of weeks worked prior to submission.
Where in that post was that stated?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukie said:
but,

Mine is still

Don't be...

You will be fine with that.

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
ukie said:
but,

Mine is still

How many hours do you have in those 15 weeks of part-time work? If the average is 13 hrs/week it should be fine.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And to be clear to everyone, if I have offended / upset anyone, I apologize - it was not my intention. I do my best, as do others, to help people where I can. I only go on the information I have in front of me and I believe it's best to be honest than to BS.

I like the rest of you work FT in a skilled job so I'm busy, I don't always have extensive periods of time to detail information in the way some may expect - I provide it in whatever form I can at the time. Others may choose to try and interpret the legislation as they see fit but unless those people are immigration lawyers they shouldn't. I go on the information that is set out clearly by CIC and my following of many immigration forums over the last four years. I don't usually say something unless I'm pretty sure about it - as I did in the case of 37.5 hours per week.

I think this threat alone shows how easy it is for people to interpret the written word differently. I.e. people seeing my "cap" / "limit" chat to mean that you cannot work overtime, when in fact I was meaning the most you can count for any given week is 37.5 max for pre 2013.

I know I'm not always right and sometimes I may be a little direct, but it's not in anyway malicious.

Good luck to you all.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ukie said:
Mine is still

Ukie, you have met the one year requirement. So if your part-time hours totaled 187.5 or more (5 weeks * 37.5 hours), then you're good.

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
jes_ON said:
Ukie, you have met the one year requirement. So if your part-time hours totaled 187.5 or more (5 weeks * 37.5 hours), then you're good.
thank you..

the word "adding up full time week" confused me

I applied last year, the end of september.

here, one more question,

do I have to send 2012 T4 to Ottawa VO?
I sent all my paystubs with my application..

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
ukie said:
thank you..

the word "adding up full time week" confused me

I applied last year, the end of september.

here, one more question,

do I have to send 2012 T4 to Ottawa VO?
I sent all my paystubs with my application..
If you sent T4 and NOA from 2011 that's enough. If they need 2012 forms they will ask. Many here will suggest you don't "have to" but if you send forms for 2012 in advance, it will help move the application along faster and with fewer delays.

By the way, rules as of the time you applied require 2 years of work experience.

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
noc4012 said:
If you sent T4 and NOA from 2011 that's enough. If they need 2012 forms they will ask. Many here will suggest you don't "have to" but if you send forms for 2012 in advance, it will help move the application along faster and with fewer delays.

By the way, rules as of the time you applied require 2 years of work experience.
I am post graduate streem.
I need 1 year experience...

thanks anyway.

Vincepapaix

Apr 8, 2013
Hey Guys

just to follow-up, so I'm rejected, I need to re-apply from scratch. I understand the rule, the only thing is that he has been 5 weeks, they didn't reply to my email asking if they will send my application back. I will have another go! I just need ot be patient.

I asked some lawyers and they told me it really depends the agent who will look at your application, and there is no way to contest it, so i'm going to apply again hoping it will not take as long as the first time!

As others said, it's better to have more hours than just the amount of work experience!

cheers!