+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overtime - application rejected

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
GinnyPi said:
I totally get it as you and jes_on explained it, but I think this an issue of interpretation and I happen to disagree with the popular opinion.

My understanding is that most part-timers simply have irregular hours, so that they may work a lot of hours in some weeks, and then fewer in others. I think it's unreasonable of CIC to expect applicants to do all these weird calculations per week of work, over more than 104 weeks no less! And I am glad that they reduced the hours per week, making it more reasonable for such people as the OP. I plead the 5th on the single stream. :-X

The point is that such people can assimilate into the Canada labour market, as evidenced by the fact that the OP for example managed to hold down a skilled job for over two years, and worked more than 3900 hours over that period of time. Moreover, if there is an issue about overtime, they can make it clear like the regulations for LICs. You cannot count overtime hours, or you can only count X amount of overtime hours. If you look at the OP's original post, his rejection referenced overtime, and that's why I think that in his case, the rules may have been misapplied.

In any case, the thread is not about me and my beliefs, and I think both sides of the discussion have been aired sufficiently for any applicant in a similar situation to do what they think is best for them. For me, that's what the conversation is about.

so, eventhough someone applied last year, the working hours should calculated by WEEKLY?
at least 52 weeks of which worked at least 37.5 hours????

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukie said:
so, eventhough someone applied last year, the working hours should calculated by WEEKLY?
at least 52 weeks of which worked at least 37.5 hours????
Regardless of when you applied, the best practice for confidence in your app is to calculate your hours weekly.

If you're a regular full timer who worked at least 37.5 hours each week, your situation is more straightforward than a part timer. Just need to make sure that its clear to the processing officer.

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
GinnyPi said:
Regardless of when you applied, the best practice for confidence in your app is to calculate your hours weekly.

If you're a regular full timer who worked at least 37.5 hours each week, your situation is more straightforward than a part timer. Just need to make sure that its clear to the processing officer.
then why they added the comment "For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid employment over a period at least of 12 months will also be considered."

OMG...I am 5 weeks short for 52 weeks of which I worked at least 37.5 hours.

:-[

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
ukie said:
then why they added the comment "For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid employment over a period at least of 12 months will also be considered."

ukie, don't stress ur self over this. I calculated my hours too and made two thousand and something hours as a part timer and the hrs varies but I tell u that I have seen someone from this forum that applied with variable hours and calculated all his paystubs and still got his PR approved within 7 months. lets hope for the best. BTW, did u worked variable hours as well?? and yes, I made 1950hrs over a period of 12 months, don't know how else to calculate it

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukie said:

Assuming you were on a PGWP and submitted your application with only 47 weeks of FT employment, that is, not 1 full year, your application will be rejected.

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
jsm0085 said:
Assuming you were on a PGWP and submitted your application with only 47 weeks of FT employment, that is, not 1 full year, your application will be rejected.
thanks for cursing.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
ukie said:
thanks for cursing.
don't mind this member. if someone like this becomes a VO, everyone will be rejected. just keep praying and keep ur fingers crossed

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukie said:
thanks for cursing.
Look i'm not cursing. I'm not trying to be nasty or to upset you, i'm just telling you the facts. If you have submitted the application without meeting the eligibility criteria, your app is going to be rejected. Irrespective of how many hours you have worked, if you haven't worked for a full 12 months your chances of acceptance for your current app are extremely low.

I am sorry if I have misunderstood what you have said or if you have applied without being eligible, but what good would it do you if I give you false hope!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ujbaby said:
don't mind this member. if someone like this becomes a VO, everyone will be rejected. just keep praying and keep ur fingers crossed
Don't be so rude or childish. I'm actually helping the applicant, even if you don't think so. Do a quick search on the forum or look on the data on trackitt and look at how many people are rejected for applying when they don't meet the eligibility criteria. If you think putting your head under a pillow will help anyone, it wont.

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
ujbaby said:
ukie, don't stress ur self over this. I calculated my hours too and made two thousand and something hours as a part timer and the hrs varies but I tell u that I have seen someone from this forum that applied with variable hours and calculated all his paystubs and still got his PR approved within 7 months. lets hope for the best. BTW, did u worked variable hours as well?? and yes, I made 1950hrs over a period of 12 months, don't know how else to calculate it
yes, I Worked 30-60 hours average is 44 hours/wk, but some weeks are not met 37.5 hours.
I had worked 62weeks until I applied PR.
well... if I am rejected, I would reapply with new rules.
before I apply I asked many time about working hours, everybody gave me many replies saying
just more than 1950 hours in 52 weeks.

and congrats you got full time position.

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
jsm0085 said:
Look i'm not cursing. I'm not trying to be nasty or to upset you, i'm just telling you the facts. If you have submitted the application without meeting the eligibility criteria, your app is going to be rejected. Irrespective of how many hours you have worked, if you haven't worked for a full 12 months your chances of acceptance for your current app are extremely low.

I am sorry if I have misunderstood what you have said or if you have applied without being eligible, but what good would it do you if I give you false hope!
before 2013 Jan 02
there was a comment For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid
employment over a period at least of 12 months will also be considered.

and now, as the rule has changed, I am get confused and something is irritating in my brain.
and I've seen people already get PR with similar situation with mine.

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukie said:
yes, I Worked 30-60 hours average is 44 hours/wk, but some weeks are not met 37.5 hours.
before I apply I asked many time about working hours, everybody gave me many replies saying

And this is exactly why people should not make sweeping comments when they don't have full information. I think you should be fine, but I don't have your whole application in front of me. Good luck!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukie said:

Well that's different! You said x weeks short of 52... You have worked a lot more than 52 weeks so your application should be fine! Providing detailed information will result in you getting better answers! ;)

I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
ukie said:

yeah, 1950hrs after 52wks should be considered

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GinnyPi said:
And this is exactly why people should not make sweeping comments when they don't have full information. I think you should be fine, but I don't have your whole application in front of me. Good luck!
It wasn't a "sweeping comment". He said "OMG...I am 5 weeks short for 52 weeks of which I worked at least 37.5 hours. ".

He said he was short. It's not for responders to request further information, they can only go on what information is provided.