+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

overstaying question

bokke

Feb 22, 2013
Hi, I came here on a WH visa, worked for a year and then changed my status to visitor and went travelling around canada and US with my cousins. I am leaving home this summer and my cousins want to come to Europe with me, but they can leave in August, and my temporary resident permit expires in July.

My question is if I apply for an extension again just to get that one month will it be a bad thing to do if I ever return to visit, and I probably will, cause they will have a record of me applying for an extension 2 times. Is it suspicious?Now if I apply I will wait 3-4 months to get a reply and I only need 1 month so will be long home by the time it comes. I would still rather file an application but what would be the consequences of me overstaying for a month? I have travelled to Canada and back 8 times in my life so far, 7 times as a tourist once WH and have never had any problems whatsoever I don't want to create them now.

And one extra question, if my temporary resident permit is valid till July, can I go to Cuba and re enter Canada in let's say April? Cause since my extension from WH to tourist I have only been going back and forth to the US. Thanks.