+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstayed, Now Engaged and Need help figuring out what comes next

PositiveVibes

Nov 15, 2017
Brampton
Good day. I'm in need of A LOT of guidance, assistance and positivity if available. I came to Canada in 2014 November and started dating a Candian in December 2014, who asked me to stay. After discussion we decided to do in land sponsorship which we could apply for after 12 months of living together. In May 2015 I became pregnant but had a miscarriage and surgery in July 2015, and by September 2015 he had kicked me out with no where to go and a list of medical bills to pay on my own. I didn't return to my country in fear of the medical dept I had and unsure of what to do. A month late I found a live in job and have been getting to make my way towards a better life. I also have been avoiding Barbados because I was raped by a well known person in the media when I was 16 and have had a hard time coping while being in and out of the hospital for depression. Currently I am engaged to a wonderful Canadian man who has been good to me. We are currently trying to figure out my immigration situation but not sure where to start or who to go to. November 2017 is officially 3 years I've been here and I'd like to start putting my life together like a legal Canadian or Permanent Resident to start. Thank you for you time and consideration.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He can sponsor you for PR once you are either married or have lived together for a year continuously (to become common law). You should make sure you put together a very strong application to prove your relationship is genuine. You should expect your application will be scrutinized more closely due to your past relationship in Canada and long overstay. I would expect longer overall processing time for your application.

Reactions: PositiveVibes

PositiveVibes

Nov 15, 2017
Brampton
He can sponsor you for PR once you are either married or have lived together for a year continuously (to become common law). You should make sure you put together a very strong application to prove your relationship is genuine. You should expect your application will be scrutinized more closely due to your past relationship in Canada and long overstay. I would expect longer overall processing time for your application.
Thanks. Do you have any advice on any Brampton law offices or paralegals we should seek?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't unfortunately. I don't know any immigration consultants or lawyers. Other here may have recommendations for you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good day. I'm in need of A LOT of guidance, assistance and positivity if available. I came to Canada in 2014 November and started dating a Candian in December 2014, who asked me to stay. After discussion we decided to do in land sponsorship which we could apply for after 12 months of living together. In May 2015 I became pregnant but had a miscarriage and surgery in July 2015, and by September 2015 he had kicked me out with no where to go and a list of medical bills to pay on my own. I didn't return to my country in fear of the medical dept I had and unsure of what to do. A month late I found a live in job and have been getting to make my way towards a better life. I also have been avoiding Barbados because I was raped by a well known person in the media when I was 16 and have had a hard time coping while being in and out of the hospital for depression. Currently I am engaged to a wonderful Canadian man who has been good to me. We are currently trying to figure out my immigration situation but not sure where to start or who to go to. November 2017 is officially 3 years I've been here and I'd like to start putting my life together like a legal Canadian or Permanent Resident to start. Thank you for you time and consideration.
Also note that you need to FULLY disclose everything, including the fact you have been illegally working. If you are still working illegally, you should stop.

Reactions: scylla