+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstayed in USA - can i get a Student Visa to Canada

bugsy12231977

Apr 27, 2009
Hello there , i have two questions

I originally came to USA in 1996 on an F-1 Student Visa and i graduated in 2001, i remained in America illegally and i am considering going to School in Canada for an MBA. another problem i have is that i misplaced my original passport and my new passport does not have any records of my orginal visa. The International Office at my school wrote a letter stating that i was an F-1 Student. Based on my circumstances , will i be able to get a Student Visa to attend a School in Canada and what is the best way to approach the issue

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

bugsy12231977 said:
Hello there , i have two questions

I originally came to USA in 1996 on an F-1 Student Visa and i graduated in 2001, i remained in America illegally and i am considering going to School in Canada for an MBA. another problem i have is that i misplaced my original passport and my new passport does not have any records of my orginal visa. The International Office at my school wrote a letter stating that i was an F-1 Student. Based on my circumstances , will i be able to get a Student Visa to attend a School in Canada and what is the best way to approach the issue
Unlikely, you overstayed in the US Canada Immigration is going to think you will do the same in Canada.

PMM

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
If you came to the US on F1 you should have one year of Legal stay in the US check the CIC canada website to see if you qualify for the federal skilled program.