+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

overstayed in canada and now,wants to go home to philippines

stunningrae

Mar 17, 2016
Hi! I have a brother in canada who overstayed in canada. He has a work permit before but it already expired. i think its almost 5years of living illegally in canada. however, he decided to just go home to the Philippines. i am very worried that he might be detained if the airport personnel will discover that he is overstaying in canada.. I just want to ask if what will really happen if thats the case? thank you in advance to those who will response. I really need your help.

roca

Oct 1, 2014
stunningrae said:
Hi! I have a brother in canada who overstayed in canada. He has a work permit before but it already expired. i think its almost 5years of living illegally in canada. however, he decided to just go home to the Philippines. i am very worried that he might be detained if the airport personnel will discover that he is overstaying in canada.. I just want to ask if what will really happen if thats the case? thank you in advance to those who will response. I really need your help.
I remember when I first visited canada and returned to PH some years ago I had my luggage checked-in then proceeded to boarding gate at yvr.
Unlike in the PH if a filipino wishes to leave the country one has to go through the immigration control, in canada and in my experience there is none. Your brother will not be inspected by canadian immigration officials if he overstays. But in the future if he wants to return to canada then that is the time that his overstay will be discovered.

stunningrae

Mar 17, 2016
Thank you so much for your response Roca. My brother has an expired philippine passport, can he exit canada using expired passport?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
stunningrae said:
Thank you so much for your response Roca. My brother has an expired philippine passport, can he exit canada using expired passport?
Of course not. He requires a valid passport to travel.

roca

Oct 1, 2014
stunningrae said:
I suggest contact the nearest PH consulate. Ask them if they could provide him a temporary travel document which will allow him one way travel to PH or extend the validity of his passport.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Some countries accepts a citizen come back with an expired passport, I don't know if Philippines does.

Anyways, an expired passport will be a problem if have to cross another country border.

Best advise, ask your consulate.