+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas Spouse of an in-Canada Protected Person

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
My husband received a permanent residence portal invitation and we submitted our file together in July 2021. I, his wife, and I have a child outside Canada. What are the next steps after making the decision? What are the next steps? Will they open my file? We follow the France office. What is the duration for processing a dependent’s file abroad, knowing that my file is submitted with my husband as a refugee? July 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband received a permanent residence portal invitation and we submitted our file together in July 2021. I, his wife, and I have a child outside Canada. What are the next steps after making the decision? What are the next steps? Will they open my file? We follow the France office. What is the duration for processing a dependent’s file abroad, knowing that my file is submitted with my husband as a refugee? July 2021
Has your husband received PR yet? It looks like you are applying in Quebec which typically means a longer processing time. Have you ordered GCMS notes and has he passed all his background checks yet? HWhat is left to complete on your husband’s PR application based on GCMS notes?

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Has your husband received PR yet? It looks like you are applying in Quebec which typically means a longer processing time. Have you ordered GCMS notes and has he passed all his background checks yet? HWhat is left to complete on your husband’s PR application based on GCMS notes?
Yes we follow Quebec Receive Invitation Portal pr