+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
From my experience after they transferred my family application to the VO I got my eCOPR and pr even, then after awhile they asked for my wife biometric, now I am waiting for the medical for my family.
Thanks Mustafa. I assumed from the eligibilty letter I received on October 18 2021 that I will need to wait until my overseas spouse complete medical, security and background check as it stated “ Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements” It has been a month and a half since I passed eligibilty, medical and my application still shows “in Process”

Any idea how it usually takes to DM? Thanks a lot in advance!

Reactions: mustafababiker

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Based on your responses, seems you fall under the pilot where both PA and dependents' applications are treated concurrently.
That pilot was also meant to be fast, processing for all parties finished within a few months. Less than a year anyways.
So wondering why you are not done yet?

Seems they have asked you to resubmit your schedule A a couple of times. If that is so, you might want to look at the dates you have given again:

leave no gaps, not even a single day.

Also explain what your:
addresses were,
what jobs you held,
if there was a birth in the family, state it explicitly.
If you were in school.
What course. What school e.t.c.
Add extra sheets in the same format as the form if necessary.
They only asked me to submit Travel history imm5562 on November 27 2021 and I have passed eligibilty and medical on October 18 2021.

So confusing

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
How do you guys check your overseas family applications on Ecas? I've tried many times, I don't see anything like update whatsoever...
Me too. For a very long time there was no update even though we receive correspondences from Abu Dhabi. However, after medical instructions they started to update it.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Me too. For a very long time there was no update even though we receive correspondences from Abu Dhabi. However, after medical instructions they started to update it.
was your overseas dependant application processed concurrently? or did the Principle applicant became PR already?

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thanks Mustafa. I assumed from the eligibilty letter I received on October 18 2021 that I will need to wait until my overseas spouse complete medical, security and background check as it stated “ Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements” It has been a month and a half since I passed eligibilty, medical and my application still shows “in Process”

This was written on my eligibility letter too. However, I received my PR and then they started to process my overseas husband’s application in Abu Dhabi VO. I received my eligibility letter on October 2019, PR on August 2020.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
This was written on my eligibility letter too. However, I received my PR and then they started to process my overseas husband’s application in Abu Dhabi VO. I received my eligibility letter on October 2019, PR on August 2020.
Thank you so much for your reply! so after eligibilty pass on 2019 you became PR on 2020 ? do you believe this was because overseas dependent needed to go through medical and background check?

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply! so after eligibilty pass on 2019 you became PR on 2020 ? do you believe this was because overseas dependent needed to go through medical and background check?
No. Maybe because of covid-19, it took that long. My husband’s background check was started on April 2021, and medical was done Nov 21, 2021. So, waaay after I got my PR.

Actually in August 2020, I received another eligibility letter but this time was containing a request to send PCCs, marriage certificate, birth certificate, IMM 008, Schedule A of my overseas husband to Abu Dhabi VO. Then, in less than a week I received COPR.

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
No. Maybe because of covid-19, it took that long. My husband’s background check was started on April 2021, and medical was done Nov 21, 2021. So, waaay after I got my PR.

Actually in August 2020, I received another eligibility letter but this time was containing a request to send PCCs, marriage certificate, birth certificate, IMM 008, Schedule A of my overseas husband to Abu Dhabi VO. Then, in less than a week I received COPR.
Make sense!

Here is my timeline.

I applied for both of us. I am inland and my spouse is overseas

PA and overseas spouse applied at the same time.

My timeline is:
Application received: July 2020 (Both)
Started Processing: June 2021 (Both)
USA FBI request: July 2021 (PA)
Medical Pass: October 2021 (PA)
Eligibilty Pass: October 2021 (PA)
Request travel history: October 2021 (PA)

Request for overseas checklist (imm008.. etc, proof of relationship, marriage certificate, birth certificate, Police Certificate..etc : Nov 2021

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017

I received my pr before I sent the required documents for my family, so it is connected they are in separate process less than month from the eligibility letter I received my eCOPR

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
I received my pr before I sent the required documents for my family, so it is connected they are in separate process less than month from the eligibility letter I received my eCOPR
Nothing so far since I passed medical and eligibilty on October 18 2021
They requested additional information about my travels on October 27th which was after eligibilty and then…. silence

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi mates.
My overseas dependant has received some emails to provide his documents.
An email from CPCM that requested to send documents throgh web form or cic secure account, and another email from Ankara visa office which requested to reply the email and sending documents throgh email address.

Actually we could'nt link his application to gckey, so we can't send document that way.
Now de decide to use web form for sending his documents to ircc.

Now my questions are
1-which web form's category should we use to send the documents ?
2-Due to size limitation in webform, Do we have to send all documents by one email or we can send several web forms for sending documents?

Last edited:

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi dear friends hope your doing well , anyone here passed medical in November 2021 and received PPR or not ?

Ab2018

Oct 8, 2020
Hello all , I have a question if a husband applied for pr as protected person in Canada and applied to his spouse and kids outside Canada at the same time with his pr application. Did the immigration start proceeding the both application together or they start with the main applicant and then the spouse and dependant ?
Thanks

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hello all , I have a question if a husband applied for pr as protected person in Canada and applied to his spouse and kids outside Canada at the same time with his pr application. Did the immigration start proceeding the both application together or they start with the main applicant and then the spouse and dependant ?
Thanks
It depends they have pilot project going on these days. If your application belongs to a region where they are doing pilot project then it will be processed together which is fast if its not then the refugee person application first then after the pr gets approved then outside family application starts

Reactions: Abtols