+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi mates.
My overseas dependant receive an email which requested ome documents and form. They also wanted him to send his documents just through cic secure account or webform.
I have two question.
1- Is it possible to link dependant application to cic secure account? If yes, which category must select?
2- If we choose to send the documents by web form, which category we must select? I could'nt find any proper section for overseas dependant.
Thanks in advance.

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hi mates.
My overseas dependant receive an email which requested ome documents and form. They also wanted him to send his documents just through cic secure account or webform.
I have two question.
1- Is it possible to link dependant application to cic secure account? If yes, which category must select?
2- If we choose to send the documents by web form, which category we must select? I could'nt find any proper section for overseas dependant.
Thanks in advance.
You can't link it to your account u have to create account for them, protected person the category.

Reactions: Unicornicaaa

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi mates.
I have two question.
Thanks in advance.
Would love to know if you get to link the account please.

One-step2020

Sep 24, 2021
Hi Guys,
I sent my family application file to the VO Amman on 19th of Nov and I sent 2 emails to confirm the received but the don't respond. Do I need to call them ...anyone facing same issue...pls help

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi Guys,
I sent my family application file to the VO Amman on 19th of Nov and I sent 2 emails to confirm the received but the don't respond. Do I need to call them ...anyone facing same issue...pls help
Keep trying.
We sent 3 webforms over a 3 month period before we got a response.

Last edited:

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Actually I coul'nt link it so far and have no idea how to send requested documents.
I still find it weird that you were specifically asked to send via webform.
In this situation, I would send via mail and continue trying to send via webform till it's possible as well.
My opinion though.

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Can you share your timeline ?
Which offfice
Thanks
Visa Office: Abu Dhabi

Timeline:
-Got my PR in August 2020
-Send requested documents (PCCs, IMM 008, Schedule A) of my overseas husband to Abu Dhabi visa office, received first of September
-Received the check list requirements on Sep 2
-On Sep 24, I received an email saying that proxy marriage is no longer accepted in Canada, and that my husband is not a legal dependent of a protected person. They gave us 90 days to address the issue.
-Sent checklist requirements on Nov 17, 2020
-Redo marriage Contract on Dec 8, 2020
-Sent new Marriage Contract by email to Abu Dhabi VO on Dec 22, 2020
-Received Pre-arrival services letter and Biometrics Request on March 30, 2021
-Updated Schedule A and a CV was requested on Nov 8
-PCC from a country that my husband stays in for more than 6 months recently, and Medical Instructions on Nov 17, 2021
-They received PCC on Nov 24th, 2021
-My husband has done the medical on 21 Nov 2021, and E-CAS showed “medical result have been received” on Nov 25, 2021
- PPR request today Dec 7, 2021

Reactions: Abtols

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Visa Office: Abu Dhabi

Timeline:
-Got my PR in August 2020
-Send requested documents (PCCs, IMM 008, Schedule A) of my overseas husband to Abu Dhabi visa office, received first of September
-Received the check list requirements on Sep 2
-On Sep 24, I received an email saying that proxy marriage is no longer accepted in Canada, and that my husband is not a legal dependent of a protected person. They gave us 90 days to address the issue.
-Sent checklist requirements on Nov 17, 2020
-Redo marriage Contract on Dec 8, 2020
-Sent new Marriage Contract by email to Abu Dhabi VO on Dec 22, 2020
-Received Pre-arrival services letter and Biometrics Request on March 30, 2021
-Updated Schedule A and a CV was requested on Nov 8
-PCC from a country that my husband stays in for more than 6 months recently, and Medical Instructions on Nov 17, 2021
-They received PCC on Nov 24th, 2021
-My husband has done the medical on 21 Nov 2021, and E-CAS showed “medical result have been received” on Nov 25, 2021
- PPR request today Dec 7, 2021
Congratulations hope my family also receive passport request soon .

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
How do you guys check your overseas family applications on Ecas? I've tried many times, I don't see anything like update whatsoever...