+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Amourcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Demande de résidence permanente faite le 14 juillet 2020
Devenir résident permanent le 20 novembre 2021.
Documents familiaux envoyés à Dakar le 29 juillet 2021.
1 er décembre 2021 demande de passeports et examens médicaux prévu le jeudi 9 décembre. Les passeports ont été envoyés aujourd'hui.

Amourcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Moi aussi j ai reçu de Dakar la demande des examens médicaux le 30nov 2021,je peux savoir ton timeline?je pense qu avant d envoyer les passeports ils envoient une autre lettre
Si tu veux on peut s'appeller pour mieux se parler. Voici mon numéro de téléphone : 438-985-6327

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Simple question for experts: If Principle applicant received Eligibilty Passed letter and medical passed, Does the PA Applicant final decision and COPR are depending on the overseas spouse to pass medical, and security as well?

PA and overseas spouse applied at the same time.

My timeline is:
Application received: July 2020 (Both)
Started Processing: June 2021 (Both)
USA FBI request: July 2021 (PA)
Medical Pass: October 2021 (PA)
Eligibilty Pass: October 2021 (PA)
Request travel history: October 2021 (PA)

Request for overseas checklist: Nov 2021

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Simple question for experts: If Principle applicant received Eligibilty Passed letter and medical passed, Does the PA Applicant final decision and COPR are depending on the overseas spouse to pass medical, and security as well?

My timeline is:

No, you will receive your copr and pr they are in separate process

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
No, you will receive your copr and pr they are in separate process
Thanks for your reply Mustafa. Its been almost a month and a half since I have passed eligibilty and medical , and I did not need to send wife file by mail to Abu Dhabi, instead the CPC-Mississauga is her secondary office and they E-transmitted her file to Abu Dhabi, this is why I am asking if someone is on the same situation? In my Eligibilty letter it says “You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family, if applicable, have met all requirements (Security and medical).

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020

My timeline is:

Until overseas pass security,eligibility..then the principal can get Copr

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Thanks for your reply Mustafa. Its been almost a month and a half since I have passed eligibilty and medical , and I did not need to send wife file by mail to Abu Dhabi, instead the CPC-Mississauga is her secondary office and they E-transmitted her file to Abu Dhabi, this is why I am asking if someone is on the same situation? In my Eligibilty letter it says “You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family, if applicable, have met all requirements (Security and medical).
Same here,i got same msg and until now non of us has got updates…so i only wait for overseas to get eligibility passed,security passed then i think i can get me Copr…mine is 2019..and over seas documents were transferred june 2021

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
From my experience after they transferred my family application to the VO I got my eCOPR and pr even, then after awhile they asked for my wife biometric, now I am waiting for the medical for my family.

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hello mates.
I'm August 2020 applicant.
Today I just passed AIP and receievd an email which indicatef that eligibility passed. My partner also received an email to provide some forms and document.(Overseas checklist).
In both emails they noticed to provide requested documents through cic secure account or webform.
So, base on your experiences,
1-which is the best way to send requested documents?
2-What are next steps?
3-When do we should expect to join together?
4-Should we sign up for another cic account or i can send his documents via my cic account?

Last edited:

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021

My timeline is:

Based on your responses, seems you fall under the pilot where both PA and dependents' applications are treated concurrently.
That pilot was also meant to be fast, processing for all parties finished within a few months. Less than a year anyways.
So wondering why you are not done yet?

Seems they have asked you to resubmit your schedule A a couple of times. If that is so, you might want to look at the dates you have given again:

leave no gaps, not even a single day.

Also explain what your:
addresses were,
what jobs you held,
if there was a birth in the family, state it explicitly.
If you were in school.
What course. What school e.t.c.
Add extra sheets in the same format as the form if necessary.

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hello mates.
I'm August 2020 applicant.
Today I just passed AIP and receievd an email which indicatef that eligibility passed. My partner also received an email to provide some forms and document.(Overseas checklist).
In both emails they noticed to provide requested documents through cic secure account or webform.
So, base on your experiences,
1-which is the best way to send requested documents?
2-What are next steps?
3-When do we should expect to join together?
4-Should we sign up for another cic account or i can send his documents via my cic account?
1) The most secured way to send application is via paper mail. Don't sign your documents with black ink. Use blue. (Keep soft copies of the application as well though).
2) You should get your DM regardless of what happens with your spouse's application as his would just be commencing once they open his new application.
3) Could take 6 months to maybe a while before he is done. He still has to go through medicals and biometrics e.t.c.
Depends on the VO you are assigned to as well.
4) That depends on what choices you made and will make. If you signed to be responsible for his application, then use yours. If not, and want to use webform, make a new one.

My humble opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Unicornicaaa

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
1) The most secured way to send application is via paper mail. Don't sign your documents with black ink. Use blue. (Keep soft copies of the application as well though).
2) You should get your DM regardless of what happens with your spouse's application as his would just be commencing once they open his new application.
3) Could take 6 months to maybe a while before he is done. He still has to go through medicals and biometrics e.t.c.
Depends on the VO you are assigned to as well.
4) That depends on what choices you made and will make. If you signed to be responsible for his application, then use yours. If not, and want to use webform, make a new one.

My humble opinion.
Thanks alot mate.
Actually they mention it in the letter that he should choose one way to send his forms and document, Cic secure account or webform.
So there's no chance to send them via regular mail.

Reactions: Abtols

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Based on your responses, seems you fall under the pilot where both PA and dependents' applications are treated concurrently.
That pilot was also meant to be fast, processing for all parties finished within a few months. Less than a year anyways.
So wondering why you are not done yet?

Seems they have asked you to resubmit your schedule A a couple of times. If that is so, you might want to look at the dates you have given again:

leave no gaps, not even a single day.

Also explain what your:
addresses were,
what jobs you held,
if there was a birth in the family, state it explicitly.
If you were in school.
What course. What school e.t.c.
Add extra sheets in the same format as the form if necessary.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. This is really taking more than expected but I made sure all of the documents I have submitted were complete and also the information were detailed and very well organized. I have asked a friend of mine with the same situation and applied at the same month and he did not get his COPR yet. Hopefully soon we will hear something.

Reactions: Abtols

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Hi guys, I just received in Annex A – Pre-email – Invitation, I'm outside of Canada right now, what will happen?