+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
My husband’s application is on the Security Stage since April 2021. Today, He received an email asking for Schedule A again and CV.
what does this indicate?

Reactions: Samer88

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Congrats. Its surprising that they haven't asked for biometric. But maybe they will still ask or at the port of entry, you will do it. I know that biometrics usually come before medical and then PPR. My oversea spouse did biometrics in July and I am waiting for medical letter. Please can you share your timeline?
Hi, is your spouse name reflecting on your gckey account.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I have got my plastic card on March 19, 2021. I send my overseas wife documents to VAC London on Feb 16, 2021. They requested Additional Document and Biometrics on May 26, 2021 biometrics was done on May 31, 2021 and additional document was delivered on June 18, 2021. No medical yet. I have recently emailed them on July 21, 2021 to confirm if the documents was received by VAC. They confirmed the documents was received and the file is an a waiting queue for the visa officer to review it.
Hi, did you got any update on your spouse and is your spouse name reflecting on your gckey account?

Samer88

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi guys,
Got my PR approval Oct 23
Pre-Arrival Letter Nov 1
Overseas dependants Biometrics and Medical exams submitted yesterday Nov 8 (Amman Office)

Do you know how long does it take until they ask for passports?

Last edited:

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Hi guys,
Got my PR approval Oct 23
Pre-Arrival Letter Nov 3
Overseas dependants Biometrics and Medical exams submitted yesterday Nov 8 (Amman Office)

Do you know how long does it take until they ask for passports?
My husband got pre-arrival on November 4. No medical has been requested yet. When did Amman request medical from your dependents?
My husband’s application is also in Amman.

Samer88

Star Member
May 16, 2019
My husband got pre-arrival on November 4. No medical has been requested yet. When did Amman request medical from your dependents?
My husband’s application is also in Amman.
I think this office is finally working and finalizing pending applications. Hope it wont take longer

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Hi guys! Some clarification needed here.

PR app in process outside Canada under Spousal Sponsorship class. But the applicant is currently in Canada under refugee status, he basically can’t leave the country now.

The Vo sent pre-arrival service letter last month. Now they request “ proof of departure from Canada”
Do you guys know what this means and why they requested it? Plz, any advice will be appreciated.

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi guys! Some clarification needed here.

PR app in process outside Canada under Spousal Sponsorship class. But the applicant is currently in Canada under refugee status, he basically can’t leave the country now.

The Vo sent pre-arrival service letter last month. Now they request “ proof of departure from Canada”
Do you guys know what this means and why they requested it? Plz, any advice will be appreciated.
What you are saying in essence is:
Your spouse has two applications. One as a dependent and the other as a main applicant.
Which came first? Where was he at each point of applying?

Last edited:

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
He was outside Canada when we started the spousal sponsorship.

Now, he is here on refugee status.

The VO which is processing the first application asking for proof of departure from Canada while under refugee status. He literally can’t step a foot outside of the country. He doesn’t even have his passport.
We’re wondering what to say to the agent who requested the proof of departure now since he can’t go anywhere. It is for the spousal sponsorship (almost done cuz he got pre-arrival services letter since last month)

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020

The VO which is processing the first application asking for proof of departure from Canada while under refugee status. He literally can’t step a foot outside of the country. He doesn’t even have his passport.
We’re wondering what to say to the agent who requested the proof of departure now since he can’t go anywhere. It is for the spousal sponsorship (almost done cuz he got pre-arrival services letter since last month)
Raise a webform and explain this in details to them so that they can take their own decision. be very honest because they know that he is in Canada

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021

I would suggest you seek legal opinion on this matter before sending any explanation.

Yes, they very likely are aware of the situation and the onus falls on you to be forthright and respond to their demand as soon as possible.
However, you might not be able to withdraw any misrepresented fact you would have made in the supposed webform explanation just because you didn't have proper guidance.

Or ...drop one application for the other.

Or....wait and see how it goes. Pre-arrival isn't much of a pretext in this situation when you still have to provide more evidence and documents.(not the way to go in my opinion).
Best
-Seek an informed legal opinion.

Last edited: