+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
How long does application take to complete when transferred to overseas VO?how many months?mine was transferred june 11th.but until now i have not received medical.principal applicant hasn’t got copr too but timeline expired July 12th.enlighten me please

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
How long does application take to complete when transferred to overseas VO?how many months?mine was transferred june 11th.but until now i have not received medical.principal applicant hasn’t got copr too but timeline expired July 12th.enlighten me please
I am not too sure about this. I once heard it can take about 4-6 months and before I added my spouse, I asked IRCC agent and she told me it can take anything 4-6 months. But with all these border openings, Afghanistan issues and lot more, that will be difficult to achieve i think. I added my spouse in April, by July, I was asked to send my spouse documents and forms to Oversea VO and she should go do biometrics which she did almost immediately. Now nothing have happened since then. Its 5 months now that I started her process. I just hope she gets medical request this month but I have also made up my mind to accept anything from IRCC because any webform I send them now, they reply almost immediately that Afghanistan crises is their priority now. So I just hope for the best

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Thanks for your reply... But she doesn't have UCI Number yet
If she does not have UCI, try if you have her Application number which usually starts with letter. If not, you will receive it from IRCC. I would suggest you call them and ask for it if it’s been long enough since you applied for her. All the best

Reactions: Jahlove2000

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
I am not too sure about this. I once heard it can take about 4-6 months and before I added my spouse, I asked IRCC agent and she told me it can take anything 4-6 months. But with all these border openings, Afghanistan issues and lot more, that will be difficult to achieve i think. I added my spouse in April, by July, I was asked to send my spouse documents and forms to Oversea VO and she should go do biometrics which she did almost immediately. Now nothing have happened since then. Its 5 months now that I started her process. I just hope she gets medical request this month but I have also made up my mind to accept anything from IRCC because any webform I send them now, they reply almost immediately that Afghanistan crises is their priority now. So I just hope for the best
Thanks for your detailed reply. I submitted my wife application along with mine July 2020. They started processing both on June 2021 but nothing serious on my wife application yet. They advised that once my application is complete and PR is granted, they will ask for more documents to complete her file.

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Thank you,lets hope things change so that they continue to process our applications as we didn’t bring up Afghanistan situations and we shouldn’t suffer or our families due to such situations.we have waited for all this and our time is running out as we all need to work hard to help our families..years aren’t going backwards but passing on so we need not to waste time just like that.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Are you from Afghanistan and did your overseas application process in London visa office? Did your overseas family received biometric letter yet ?

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
We all expect better from IRCC…they should remember that we gave 2yrs of waiting and we have suffered through COVID-19 and if they bring in Afghanistan again then this isn’t fair.We are humans too with families and we Expect better from IRCC

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Yes.. im so sorry to share this :( i hope things will get better
No... you don't have to be sorry, Its just the way IRCC choose to go about this whole thing. Anyways, these processes will soon be a thing of the past and then we will know its 2 years time when we meet again for citizenship. We must keep hope alive

Reactions: minaalrubaye