+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Thanks for your detailed reply. I submitted my wife application along with mine July 2020. They started processing both on June 2021 but nothing serious on my wife application yet. They advised that once my application is complete and PR is granted, they will ask for more documents to complete her file.
how were you able to check your wife's application status?

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
UCI can do the trick on Ecas to check the Status online. G number or application number is usually generated when they start processing the application. You can give it a try and check the status with her UCI. All the best

Reactions: Abtols

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
UCI can do the trick on Ecas to check the Status online. G number or application number is usually generated when they start processing the application. You can give it a try and check the status with her UCI. All the best
I tried checking her application using her UCI and i found it. But we did not receive an application number for her. Did you receive an application for your spouse? Or is her application number the same as yours?

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
When you applied for your spouse did you submit a complete application for her? or you only included her on your file?

I submitted a completed application for my spouse and she appointed me as an authorized representative. So I received her UCI and Application numbers different from mine.

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
When you applied for your spouse did you submit a complete application for her? or you only included her on your file?

I submitted a completed application for my spouse and she appointed me as an authorized representative. So I received her UCI and Application numbers different from mine.
I included her in my generic application form imm 008 since she is here with me in Canada, in addition to her complete application. So maybe that is why she does not not have an application number.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Since you both in Canada I do not think it’s an issue not to receive an Application number. Her file will be processed inside Canada which is way easier than overseas. Good luck

Reactions: Sakr77

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Submitted my family application to Nairobi office in Kenya as stated in my Approval letter back then in March. After contacting my MP's office, it was made known to me that my family's application has been transferred to Accra office because I'm Nigerian and that file was received by the Accra office in May.
Does anyone know how long it might take to get a feedback??
And now that I have PR status, is it okay if I invite my family over on a visitors visa???

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Submitted my family application to Nairobi office in Kenya as stated in my Approval letter back then in March. After contacting my MP's office, it was made known to me that my family's application has been transferred to Accra office because I'm Nigerian and that file was received by the Accra office in May.
And now that I have PR status, is it okay if I invite my family over on a visitors visa???
I am not sure how long it will take for you to get feedback but as for inviting your family over for visitor visa, i planned doing that too until i spoke to two lawyers and one immigration consultant. The two lawyers told me not to bother because the time it will take me to get response from the immigration for the visit visa will be longer than the time for IRCC to process the PR for my oversea family as it stands now. Secondly, they will hardly grant the visa knowing fully well that even if they grant it before the PR, the family will most likely not return back. one of the lawyer told me that he has three visitor visa application of PR holders in my shoes now of which one is more than a year, the other is ten months while the las is eight months but yet, IRCC have not even acknowledged receipt. So he advised me not to bothered. Having heard from these two lawyers and immigration consultant, i had to chill. So Chrislo, Make you just relax small small.

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Yeah, I wondered at that when you mentioned it back then. Made me wonder if Kenya being a new office would cover West Africa as well alongside Accra; seeing as Accra office has the worst reputation of all offices so far in terms of turnover period.

Arbz

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Received app on June 18
Start processing app march 2020
ADR additional forms Aug 2020
ADR nov 2020
medical done Aug 2021
No biometric
still waiting anyone else going through with same timeline. File at London VO. Very long time

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Received app on June 18
Start processing app march 2020
ADR additional forms Aug 2020
ADR nov 2020
medical done Aug 2021
No biometric
still waiting anyone else going through with same timeline. File at London VO. Very long time
Is this your timeline or timeline for your dependent?

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
How does one confirm if IRCC has received your dependent's application though we sent application via DHL and it's confirmed delivered by DHL? I need a confirmation from IRCC Accra as well. So how do I go about it?