+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Where did u see any updates on ur spousal's application like security, eligibility and other updates? Did ur spouse linked their application to gckey account? Or did u order GCMS notes to know about all these information? Plz reply ur prompt response will be appreciated
Via my MP !
I also ordered GCMS Notes and found all those details

Reactions: Virgono1

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
I saw the medical request on the online portal but haven’t received any email yet. How long does it take for vo to send email of the instructions? Can I make appointment without the instructions in the meantime?

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I saw the medical request on the online portal but haven’t received any email yet. How long does it take for vo to send email of the instructions? Can I make appointment without the instructions in the meantime?
eh send an e mail to Nairobi vo to ask what is going on...it could be a bad experience if they think they sent the instructions and u didnt receive them ! Plz ask ! Send an e mail!
A friend of mine had an application with nairobi VO and he waited longtime for passeport request but when the MP asks Nairobi VO they said we asked for documents that he never gave and the applicant said ive never seen any request , they were obliged to resend again ...so for your interest send an e mail and ask

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
eh send an e mail to Nairobi vo to ask what is going on...it could be a bad experience if they think they sent the instructions and u didnt receive them ! Plz ask ! Send an e mail!
A friend of mine had an application with nairobi VO and he waited longtime for passeport request but when the MP asks Nairobi VO they said we asked for documents that he never gave and the applicant said ive never seen any request , they were obliged to resend again ...so for your interest send an e mail and ask
Good to know,Thank you. I just did that. lets hope they send it.
Do I need the instructions to make an Appt?

Reactions: mugere

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
As per IRCC letter I have sent my overseas family documents to VO Singapore and been delivered on 4Th January 2021 but I haven’t received any acknowledgement or correspondence from VO ? My question how to link my application with GC key though I don’t have file number or UCI and when may my family get further information from VO? It to be mentioned that 12th March I have become a permanent resident.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tels

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I’m just wondering about IMM5490 Form, it’s asking all about the relationship between the sponsored person & their sponsor to prove that their relationship is genuine.

How does that apply for my mom (the main applicant in Canada) and my father’s situation (outside of Canada) if they were married in 1985. The form is asking too many details (photos, first meeting, first gifts etc..). How will my father respond to those questions if they happened 34 years ago? They don’t remember most of the answers on the form.

Any advice?

They ask that to see it's legitimate marriage

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Can anyone help teach me how to link my dependant’s application? For some reason it is saying that the application does not exist

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
Hello everyone. Can someone please respond how did you connect your dependent application to the Gckey. I submitted my dependant application in Feb and have not heart anything from LVO. Please share your experiences. Thank you very much in advance.

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi,
Yesterday, my husband got two emails: pre-arrival, and instruction letter for biometrics.
His application is being processed in Abu Dhabi.

Is this a good sign? When can I expect medical request?

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Hi,
Yesterday, my husband got two emails: pre-arrival, and instruction letter for biometrics.
His application is being processed in Abu Dhabi.

Is this a good sign? When can I expect medical request?
We got medical request 2 months after biometrics but it varies from case to case. my spouse is yet to receive pre-arrival email. pre-arrival means eligibility is complete.

Hello everyone. Can someone please respond how did you connect your dependent application to the Gckey. I submitted my dependant application in Feb and have not heart anything from LVO. Please share your experiences. Thank you very much in advance.
This is not possible. use this link to check
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

not possible. use the link above to check.

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Can anyone help teach me how to link my dependant’s application? For some reason it is saying that the application does not exist
It won't link as far as IRCC officer told me.... She said coz our dependents aren't pr of Canada or applied for pr except that us(main applicants) just added them under protected person. She said they're "dependent protected persons", of which that option isn't available in the selection box. That's what she explained to me....

Mahm1984

May 12, 2019
Hello ,
quick questions for helpful and nice people:

- when dependant fill generic form, they ask under which program ( family or refugee)??
- when send documents like marriage certificate and birth certificate to VO ( Rome) is it Original or only copy????
- did any one has experience with Rome office and How to send the document, and what to expect next.