+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Spearman123

Jan 20, 2018
Usually they do that if no visa or it’s fake.

Hello folks,
I would like to share with u my experience when i found an error in my daughter visa as i explained before, what happened is i informed the Embassy about that typo and unfortunately they replied after that email with 12 days, they asked me to send my daughter's passport, but i didn't as i was watching carefully for repatriation flight till. I booked one with most expensive tickets ever it costs me almost 5600 CAD. For my wife and 2 children.

But unfortunately the officer refused to let my daughter boarding the flight with her mother and brother as the Embassy Canceled her visa as they planned to grant her a new one if i would send them her passport and...... really we all got a very hard and extreme stressful time and eventually one of the staff succeeded to persuaded the Embassy in Cairo and Amman to let her boarded the flight with her family.....that's happened in last minute before the plane take off.

So please folks learn from my situation....BTW. they refused another family from boarding the plane....so please take care if u get any typo in ur visa.

All the best for u all ❤

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello folks,
I would like to share with u my experience when i found an error in my daughter visa as i explained before, what happened is i informed the Embassy about that typo and unfortunately they replied after that email with 12 days, they asked me to send my daughter's passport, but i didn't as i was watching carefully for repatriation flight till. I booked one with most expensive tickets ever it costs me almost 5600 CAD. For my wife and 2 children.

But unfortunately the officer refused to let my daughter boarding the flight with her mother and brother as the Embassy Canceled her visa as they planned to grant her a new one if i would send them her passport and...... really we all got a very hard and extreme stressful time and eventually one of the staff succeeded to persuaded the Embassy in Cairo and Amman to let her boarded the flight with her family.....that's happened in last minute before the plane take off.

So please folks learn from my situation....BTW. they refused another family from boarding the plane....so please take care if u get any typo in ur visa.

All the best for u all ❤
Thank you for sharing. It’s strange that officer refused to let your daughter boarding!! Usually the airplane counter checking the visa and if there is anything they check with the destination airport. Anyway anything could happen as the cases are not the same so thank you for sharing and it’s good that your wife and daughter arrived Canada before flights cancellation due to COVID19 pandemic

Reactions: Spearman123

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hi hadeel :) do you mind sharing with me the exact location of IOM Baghdad? Is it in a specific hospital? - My husband is trying to get his medical exam done there.
Thanks!
Hi

As I remember here husband did the medical exam in Erbil , but for the medical exam you should receive and E-mail with a form and the medical centers nmaes and locations where your husband can do the exam and the they will send the medical exam to the VO , so no need to go to the IOM ( which is in green zone in Baghdad).

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hi hadeel :) do you mind sharing with me the exact location of IOM Baghdad? Is it in a specific hospital? - My husband is trying to get his medical exam done there.
Thanks!
I found this address for IOM in Baghdad

The following Panel Physicians are available in this country - ordered by city:
City: Baghdad
Name: IOM Baghdad International Organization for Migration
Address: IOM Baghdad, Block 52, Al Salihiyah Neighbourhood, Karkh,
(This panel physician or clinic provides services paid by Interim Federal Health Program. Ce professionnel désigné ou cette clinique offrent des services payés par le Programme fédéral de santé intérimaire.)
Telephone: Additional Tel No. (964) 7827 824 146
(964) 7729 900- 525, -535, -545
Spoken Languages: Arabic, English, Kurdish, Turkish

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
Hi guys! I need your help…

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada. My common-law partner is outside of Canada and has been included in the application. So, I’m a principal applicant.

A few days ago, I received from IRCC an Eligibility Passed letter (AIP) informing me that the overseas office in WARSAW is responsible for processing the application for PR of my family member outside Canada, that is my common-law partner.
According to the letter, the forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 must be submitted to the office in Warsaw.

I’m a little confused...

1. Is my partner outside Canada the principal applicant now (in the forms to be sent to Warsaw)? And now I (living in Canada) become a dependant in her application?

2. Is it correct to indicate in her IMM0008 form (Generic application form) in such a way:
Program under which she is applying – Family.
Category – Common-law Partner.
Number of family members, including her, in the application – 2 (she and me).

3. I personally don’t submit in the Warsaw office any forms. Correct?

I would appreciate any comments and answers on my case. Thanks!

YoYo81

May 22, 2018

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada. My common-law partner is outside of Canada and has been included in the application. So, I’m a principal applicant.

A few days ago, I received from IRCC an Eligibility Passed letter (AIP) informing me that the overseas office in WARSAW is responsible for processing the application for PR of my family member outside Canada, that is my common-law partner.
According to the letter, the forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 must be submitted to the office in Warsaw.

I’m a little confused...

1. Is my partner outside Canada the principal applicant now (in the forms to be sent to Warsaw)? And now I (living in Canada) become a dependant in her application?

2. Is it correct to indicate in her IMM0008 form (Generic application form) in such a way:

Congratulations, hope your partner join you soon

1. Your partner is main applicant and she should include you and any family members regardless of whether they intend to accompany her to Canada or not.
2. Yes, Family Category – Common-law Partner.
Number of family members, including her, in the application
3. She should follow the instructions in the AIP letter and she should submit the forms depends what mentioned in the letter by mail or email.
Good luck :D

Reactions: Edwartt

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
Congratulations, hope your partner join you soon

1. Your partner is main applicant and she should include you and any family members regardless of whether they intend to accompany her to Canada or not.
2. Yes, Family Category – Common-law Partner.
Number of family members, including her, in the application
3. She should follow the instructions in the AIP letter and she should submit the forms depends what mentioned in the letter by mail or email.
Good luck :D
Yes, I was very happy to receive AIP and that the process regarding my overseas partner begins.
I am very grateful to you for such a quick and useful response. Thanks a lot :)
I noticed that you always help people )

There are two of us - my partner outside Canada and me (in Canada). So, all forms for the Warsaw office are now filled in only by her. Am I right? For example, I don't have to submit my own IMM 5406 (Additional family information), because I've already done it for my Mississauga case. Correct?

Thank you so much :)

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Yes, I was very happy to receive AIP and that the process regarding my overseas partner begins.
I am very grateful to you for such a quick and useful response. Thanks a lot :)
I noticed that you always help people )

There are two of us - my partner outside Canada and me (in Canada). So, all forms for the Warsaw office are now filled in only by her. Am I right? For example, I don't have to submit my own IMM 5406 (Additional family information), because I've already done it for my Mississauga case. Correct?

Thank you so much :)
Yes , you are right. She is main applicant and Warsaw visa office request documents from her only. She should fill the forms and submit requested documents and you don’t have to do anything just waiting for your PR

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
Yes , you are right. She is main applicant and Warsaw visa office request documents from her only. She should fill the forms and submit requested documents and you don’t have to do anything just waiting for your PR
Thanks!!!
All the best to you! :)

SODEEP

Mar 2, 2020
Guys any update from New Delhi,India Visa Office. I haven't received any update from them since I applied in March 2019. Just sent the requested forms to them. Thats it. Really worried. Been a year now. And this covid19 has made the situation more worse.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017

I’m a little confused...

Yes
Now she is the principle applicant.
She need to fill the form and send to them and also some civil documents .
She will submit herself from back country .

She will put only 1 applicant

Family under common law partners.

I got same mail after my AIP and they asked same form and civil documents .

After that they asked original birth certificate, wedding , picture , communication prove , financial support with each other , and two more form sponsor questionnaire and spouse or common law partner question .
They send all the documents again to London office and my wife is the main applicant and kids are dependents. If you need other form number I will check and can send you .
Thanks

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
Yes
Now she is the principle applicant.
She need to fill the form and send to them and also some civil documents .
She will submit herself from back country .

She will put only 1 applicant

Family under common law partners.

I got same mail after my AIP and they asked same form and civil documents .

After that they asked original birth certificate, wedding , picture , communication prove , financial support with each other , and two more form sponsor questionnaire and spouse or common law partner question .
They send all the documents again to London office and my wife is the main applicant and kids are dependents. If you need other form number I will check and can send you .
Thanks
Thank you so much for your answer!

As I said, there are only two of us - my common-law partner outside Canada and me (in Canada).
There is a question "How many family members, including you, are in this application?", in the IMM0008 form that she must fill out for the Warsaw office.
She must put 1? I’m not a dependant in her application?

But in the section DEPENDANT(S) of this form, there is the following note: "You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada."

I’m not a permanent resident yet.
So it's all very confusing whether she should end up including me in her application as a dependant or not. If she include me in the application, it may mean that I must fill out my own IMM 5406 (Additional family information), but I've already done it for my Mississauga case… The same with SCHEDULE A (background/declaration).

How confusing! Or, I’m not smart enough ))
Please guys help me figure out the issue...