+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
How long does it take to get acknowledgment from London office for overseas spouse application
Normally VO doesn’t send acknowledgement, you can know from courier tracking number that VO received the documents

Floxy2020

Feb 14, 2020
So i received GCMS notes by email today.

Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Not started
Medicals: Not started

Documents sent to VO since November 2019.

Guess I and my family are on our own.
I would not even think about it anymore, they can keep on chatting in their offices and pretend to work at the expense of a separated family.

Goodluck to everyone!

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
So i received GCMS notes by email today.

Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Not started
Medicals: Not started

Documents sent to VO since November 2019.

Guess I and my family are on our own.
I would not even think about it anymore, they can keep on chatting in their offices and pretend to work at the expense of a separated family.

Goodluck to everyone!
Hi
Did you get pre Arrival service letter or extra. Documents request and which VO?
Thanks

Floxy2020

Feb 14, 2020
Hi
Did you get pre Arrival service letter or extra. Documents request and which VO?
Thanks
You get pre arrival letter only when eligibility is passed. In my case, it has not been done yet. Generic application form, additional family information, civil documents, etc. Accra VO

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
You get pre arrival letter only when eligibility is passed. In my case, it has not been done yet. Generic application form, additional family information, civil documents, etc. Accra VO
I sent documents to London office in November 13 ,2019 and got pre Arrival letter on 11 th of feb after that did not hear any news .

Floxy2020

Feb 14, 2020
If you order GCMS notes, it would state eligibility passed. Then security, criminality and medicals next. You're lucky your application is being processed by a reliable VO.
Those of us from West Africa have the worst experiences for no explainable reason.
The only thing that may delay your application would be the Covid19 issue.
Good luck to you.

Reactions: Shanwari

naimabed

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
Other
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 2, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on April 25, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 6, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
    ==============================================================

My refugee case has been referred to Visa office by UNHCR quota .
    I have done my medical exam on 21 February 2020. And i have been interviewed by Migrant officer on 24 February.
    and my online case has updated as medical results received by IRCC on 15 March 2020.
    and i haven't received any call for passport request yet.

ٍSo What is the expected next step? and How many month's it takes before sending PR?.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 2, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on April 25, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 6, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
    ==============================================================

My refugee case has been referred to Visa office by UNHCR quota .
    I have done my medical exam on 21 February 2020. And i have been interviewed by Migrant officer on 24 February.
    and my online case has updated as medical results received by IRCC on 15 March 2020.
    and i haven't received any call for passport request yet.

ٍSo What is the expected next step? and How many month's it takes before sending PR?.
There will be no passport request no police report and no medical submissions.

Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam

naimabed

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
Other
Thank you Shanwari for your reply..
For medical results ..it have been received already as whats It appears with a number 4.
My question is .. When the medical examination was received , Does that mean my case passed the eligibility?

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
For medical results ..it have been received already as whats It appears with a number 4.
My question is .. When the medical examination was received , Does that mean my case passed the eligibility?
We do not know about UNHCR
We can tell you our overseas family cases procedure.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Did you received pre arrival services letter?

naimabed

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
Other
Did you received pre arrival services letter?
yes man.. i got it as a course provided by IRCC after i passed the interview, and for refugees its called Canadian Orientation Abroad, its about : housing, education, health, jobs, career, finances, government, culture, and life in Canada.

Reactions: YoYo81