+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
I did not hear any thing after after 16 December , after second email on 5th December for the extra documents. First time sent on 13 November.

It’s like 7 week
what do you think , will they ask more documents?

Or is there any mistake in documents?

Any chance to get medical request or AIP ??

Thanks

I just checked my application status and I found DM :p:p finally , I’m still not believing my eyes o_O . Hope to get PPR email soon and don’t get delayed like previous steps. Wish me luck guys I really tired from this long process and I feel has no energy left

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I did not hear any thing after after 16 December , after second email on 5th December for the extra documents. First time sent on 13 November.

It’s like 7 week
what do you think , will they ask more documents?

Or is there any mistake in documents?

Any chance to get medical request or AIP ??

Thanks
As VO asked for extra documents on December so I guess you’ll receive pre arrival services letter this month . I don’t want to scare you by telling you my timeline :eek: but I think your family application going well until now and no need to panic as thier application just received before three months and the average time line is between 4 to 8 months. Hope you receive pre arrival services letter soon then medical request :)

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
As VO asked for extra documents on December so I guess you’ll receive pre arrival services letter this month . I don’t want to scare you by telling you my timeline :eek: but I think your family application going well until now and no need to panic as thier application just received before three months and the average time line is between 4 to 8 months. Hope you receive pre arrival services letter soon then medical request :)
Thank you so much you are always kind to reply

Reactions: YoYo81

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Did you get your pre arrival letter or medical letter after your spouse landing interview or before ? Thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Did you get your pre arrival letter or medical letter after your spouse landing interview or before ? Thanks
In my case, my wife landing interview was one day after VO received forms. As I understand from you the VO already asked your family to provide extra documents so it’s mean thier application process start even you are not landing yet.

Reactions: Shanwari

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
In my case, my wife landing interview was one day after VO received forms. As I understand from you the VO already asked your family to provide extra documents so it’s mean thier application process start even you are not landing yet.
Thanks

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I just checked my application status and I found DM :p:p finally , I’m still not believing my eyes o_O . Hope to get PPR email soon and don’t get delayed like previous steps. Wish me luck guys I really tired from this long process and I feel has no energy left
omg I’m really happy for you man. You were always in my mind and that your DM of course makes all of us here happy for you and your family. Congratulations :)

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Congratulations friend can you share your timeline?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
omg I’m really happy for you man. You were always in my mind and that your DM of course makes all of us here happy for you and your family. Congratulations :)
Thank you :):) I’m still waiting for PPR and
I wouldn't be surprised if it takes some time eithero_O . Hope your father get good news soon :):)

Reactions: live&love

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I have great news guys , finally I got PPR request yesterday :D:D, I couldn’t share it yesterday because there was maintenance in the website :rolleyes:,it’s look lot of changes here and need time to get use it. Anyway I would like to thank all of you for showing support during this long journey. It was really difficult time for me and my wife and I lost hope many times and the only light was coming from this forum and members here who sharing their experience. I can not explain how I feel right now ,actually it’s mixed between happiness and exhausted from what I faced during application process. I‘ll share my timeline in details just for giving hope to who are waiting for application approve and everyone should know that not all the dependents overseas for permanent residents applications are the same , some cases get approval within few months and others could exceed 10 months or more because of many things like citizenship of applicant , visa office , case officer ,security check,....etc and all of these could effect the timeline of application process.

My timeline as following:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017. ( My wife main applicant and I'm overseas spouse)
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
  3. Up-front medical exam provided 30 Aug 2018
  4. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM on 5 Feb 2019.
  5. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 on 25 Feb 2019. ( provided by me through courier )
  6. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident on 26 Feb 2019.
  7. Extra documents requested by email from VO on 25 Mar 2019.( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ).
  8. All requested documents sent to VO via email on 23 Apr 2019.
  9. Received pre-arrival services on 28 May 2019 ( Eligibility passed).
  10. VO sent email to request extra document on 11 June 2019.
  11. Send them the requested document on 12 June 2019.
  12. Comprehensive security screening start on 26 June 2019 ( I know this from CBSA note).
  13. Medical results received ( appeared on 28 Aug 2019). ( Medical passed)
  14. Medical expired 30 Aug 2019.
  15. Comprehensive security screening done on 20 October 2019 ( I know this from CSIS note)
  16. Received request for new medical test on 20 November 2019 ( security and criminality passed)
  17. Medical passed on 12 December 2020.
  18. Received email from VO on 16 January 2020 for scheduling interview call on 28 January 2020.
  19. DM appeared on ECAS application status on 8 February 2020.
  20. PPR email on 10 February 2020.
  21. Passport submitted on 11 February ( hope visa stamp doesn’t take much time o_O )
Anyway,I’ll keep you updated when I get the visa and COPR also landing just for sharing the experience. Hope you all receive good news soon and your application doesn't take long time like me :p

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello, could you plz tell me how to send the finger print payment receipt of the dependent to ircc?
IRCC didn’t ask me for that but I saw other members said they used web form to upload the receipt also I found the following:

How can I pay for biometrics after I submitted my application?
To pay for your biometrics fee after you already applied:

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
I have great news guys , finally I got PPR request yesterday :D:D, I couldn’t share it yesterday because there was maintenance in the website :rolleyes:,it’s look lot of changes here and need time to get use it. Anyway I would like to thank all of you for showing support during this long journey. It was really difficult time for me and my wife and I lost hope many times and the only light was coming from this forum and members here who sharing their experience. I can not explain how I feel right now ,actually it’s mixed between happiness and exhausted from what I faced during application process. I‘ll share my timeline in details just for giving hope to who are waiting for application approve and everyone should know that not all the dependents overseas for permanent residents applications are the same , some cases get approval within few months and others could exceed 10 months or more because of many things like citizenship of applicant , visa office , case officer ,security check,....etc and all of these could effect the timeline of application process.

My timeline as following:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017. ( My wife main applicant and I'm overseas spouse)
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
  3. Up-front medical exam provided 30 Aug 2018
  4. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM on 5 Feb 2019.
  5. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 on 25 Feb 2019. ( provided by me through courier )
  6. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident on 26 Feb 2019.
  7. Extra documents requested by email from VO on 25 Mar 2019.( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ).
  8. All requested documents sent to VO via email on 23 Apr 2019.
  9. Received pre-arrival services on 28 May 2019 ( Eligibility passed).
  10. VO sent email to request extra document on 11 June 2019.
  11. Send them the requested document on 12 June 2019.
  12. Comprehensive security screening start on 26 June 2019 ( I know this from CBSA note).
  13. Medical results received ( appeared on 28 Aug 2019). ( Medical passed)
  14. Medical expired 30 Aug 2019.
  15. Comprehensive security screening done on 20 October 2019 ( I know this from CSIS note)
  16. Received request for new medical test on 20 November 2019 ( security and criminality passed)
  17. Medical passed on 12 December 2020.
  18. Received email from VO on 16 January 2020 for scheduling interview call on 28 January 2020.
  19. DM appeared on ECAS application status on 8 February 2020.
  20. PPR email on 10 February 2020.
  21. Passport submitted on 11 February ( hope visa stamp doesn’t take much time o_O )
Anyway,I’ll keep you updated when I get the visa and COPR also landing just for sharing the experience. Hope you all receive good news soon and your application doesn't take long time like me :p
Congratulations,